Chapter 32 : Quick Chat and Contemplation

(A/n: so, I kinda forgot to explain how the dialogue will work for the next few parts.

So if the text is normal, then it's in Japanese,

If its underlined, then it's in English.

Just wanted to clear things up!)

____________________

"Kageyama?!"

"What are you doing here?" you ask.

"I... uhmm... We need to talk." he says shyly but in a serious manner.

"Well, uh-"

"Who is it (y/n)?" Mags yells from the dining room, as she was setting the food out.

"It's Kageyama!" you yell back.

"Oh. Ask if he wants to join us for dinner!" she yells.

You could hear squealing from behind you, already knowing its Daisy freaking out slightly. Kageyama looks over your shoulder with a confused look. 'Ah jeez Daisy. You're making a fool of yourself in front of him.'

"Do you wanna-"

"Kageyama! Do you want to stay for dinner!" Mags cuts you off.

"Uh, uhmm... well, I just needed to-"

"I insist!" Mags cuts him off.

"Oh, well... okay then. If you all don't mind..." he replies shyly.

"Not at all! I've been wanting to meet you since (y/n)'s time in the hospital!" your mom chimes in, prancing to the door to greet the new guest.

"Oh! You're (y/n)'s mom, right? Nice to meet you!" Kageyama says with a bow.

"Oh, no need to be so formal! Call me (m/n)!" your mom cheers, giving the tall boy a closed eye smile. "Well come in, come in! We don't want dinner to get cold!"

"Oh, yes. Of course!" the raven head said, scurrying in.

Everyone sits down at the rectangular dining table:
Mags and your dad at opposite ends, Daisy and your mom beside each other and you and Kageyama facing them.

'Who is that?' Daisy mouths to you, as she was directly in front of you. 'Oh right. I didn't introduce them.'

'Wait- How is this dinner gonna work...?'

"Uhmm, how about we all introduce ourselves?" you suggest. "Wanna introduce yourself Daisy?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure! I'm Daisy, (y/n)'s best friend from home." she says. "I've known (y/n) since we were tiny. And, uhm, I don't know any Japanese... soo... gomen?" Daisy looked over to Kageyama sympathetically with the last phrase. She had picked that last word up from somewhere, but she really botched the pronunciation, which left Kageyama with a puzzled expression on his face.

Everyone goes around introducing themselves other than you and Mags, since everyone knows the both of you.

'Ok, so the biggest issue is Daisy and Kageyama. My parents are decent with both languages, same with Mags. And Kageyama can understand a bit of english because of school, but his accent might be hard for Daisy. And Daisy don't know any Japanese-'

Both of your parents introduced themselves in Japanese and now it was Kageyama's turn.

"My name is Tobio Kageyama. Uhmm..." he says very shakily. He looked over to you with a slightly nervous look.