Chapter 41 : Pouring Hearts

^start at the <3

_________________________________

After an hour or two of sitting in the convenience store aisle, the rain finally stopped.

"Hey, VOLLEYBALL NERDS! THE RAIN STOPPED!! NOW GO HOME AND EAT SOME REAL FOOD!!!" you hear Ukai yell from the front of the store.

Kageyama lifts his head off your lap and you both get up, taking a moment to stretch a bit. Then you were both off. 

It was nearly night, the sun barely gleaming over the horizon, as the sky was painted with orange, pinks and deep purples and blues. 

<3

You two were holding hands and as you swing them back and forth. You were both walking slowly, trying to stretch the amazing day you've had together. It felt too perfect. He was too perfect...

"how did i get so lucky..." you think to yourself.

"What'd you say?" the tall boy asks, looking down at you with curious, slightly saddened eyes.

'Did I say that out loud?!'

"Uh, uh... I didn't- what?" you stammer. "I didn't say anything..?"

"We both know that's a lie..." he mumbles as he turns his head to face forward again. "I heard what you said..."

"Y-you did?" You shoot your head up with wide eyes. 'Jeez, what is he gonna say?'

"I'm really the lucky one, you know..." he says so calmly.

You furrow your eyebrows and face forward yourself. 

"You seemed to appear in my life when I really needed someone..." he continued.
But then it starts raining again...

You flinch and quicken your walk but he stops completely. You get pulled back and turn to face him to see his bangs completely covering his eyes, the rain drenching his hair.

"I really didn't know what to do now that I'm in high school, and with what happened at my old school-"
"... I really didn't want a repeat..."

"Oh To-"

"But then you arrived..." He looked up to you with a little smile and teary eyes. "... and my life did a full 180 on me."

"I, uh-" you try to respond but he scoops up your other hand and you shoot your gaze deep into his dark blue crystal eyes.

"You're the world to me y/n." he says. "You brought love back into my life."

You see either a tear or a drop of rain roll down his face then he pulls you into a tight hug that takes you by surprise.

You pause for a second out of shock, wide eyes and arms out when his' are wrapped around your upper arms, his chin resting on your shoulder  as he slouches slightly. You then snap back into reality and wrap your arms around him and rub circles on his back. 

You were greedy as you stole his warmth and reached your chin over his shoulder, closing your eyes to truly appreciate the moment. You lean onto your tiptoes to comfort him more.

He truly is a big softy at his core...

You stay like this for what feels like an infinity and an instant simultaneously. 

Still hugging you, he stands up straight and your feet are swept off the ground.

"Oh uh-" you mutter, kicking your legs back, not knowing what else to do with them.

You reach your head back to see his face but then he steals a kiss the second you're facing him.

For only the second time, you're starting to feel less flustered and more comfortable in these intimate moments with him.

He's really your perfect match...

_________________________________

(A/N: Hey guys. I know I've been gone a long time and that this is kinda a wimpy chapter given my absence, so I hope you guys can forgive me. Lot has been happening in my life this past month. 

Field hockey is over and that took a huge toll on my mental health. Been very fragile for a while now. Having an anxiety attack at school, during an important math test, needing to go home for my second period and rest of day cause my mask was drenched in tears and I couldn't stop crying. 

Lost an important family friend just last week. Affected my dad a lot. School work is a lot. Almost failed a history project. Hate my french class. Not having many people I can even talk to about this stuff, so here y<all go. 

Good(-ish) news. I now have ppl to kinda have lunch with, who are nice but I miss my lonely lunches to draw w music and let the time tic by till the next stress period. My tiktok is blowing up apparently but I don't know how to keep up with posting content and stuff. Who knew that was sm. 

My volleyball team has a game we're really not ready for next week. We can't even get passed rotations. But I love them so much and already stressing about end of season (Ik, im irrational-). I made my school's volleyball team yesterday! but my practices are at 7am. 

I'm actually going to a Conan Gray concert in the spring! and new york city in winter! that's insane! I've been obsessing over kpop the past while now (my playlist is at 11h 38m-) and trying to learn some dances (damn are they hard-). And me and my friend are trying to learn korean (started earlier this week-) and it's pretty hard but much easier than japanese, for written at least. I'm so lost w spoken. 

Anywayssss.... That's all I wanted to get off my chest and so sorry for not updating in more than a month but happy stuff is getting really hard for me and I say that I haven<t updated cause I'm busy but really it's just painful writing this stuff as I don't even know where my head is at emotionally at this point but I do think writing helps me a lot, so I want to make a point to keep at it but I don't know if this is where my head is at currently.

I have a Suna x reader angst planned that I've been meaning to write (started in August-) so I might just start that cause I really don't wanna shit publish here cause I'm not in the head space. 

Let me know guys and I love y<all all so much! Thank you so much for all your votes, saves, comments, love and support. You guys mean the world to me! I'll hope to see you in the future! See ya!)

<3 <3 <3

Word Count ~ 578