Chapter 13 : Steps to Recovery

*Kageyama's POV*

After Mags left the room, it was just me and (y/n). We both turn our heads to face each other, still holding each other's hand. There was a silence that formed between us. I couldn't tell how (y/n) felt, but I liked it.

(Y/n) wandering her 'gaze' around the room, signalling a light discomfort in the silence. Seeing her behave like this, I decided to break the silence I enjoyed.

"Uhmm, so... When did you get your claustrophobia? Or however it works.."

She twitches at this comment, which I don't let go unnoticed.

"We don't need to talk about that if you don't want to!" I stammer out.

The girl's face drops, 'looking' at her legs that are crossed on the bed. She scribbles on the notepad.

'could we not?'

"Of course." A slight sadness settles in me once again. 'why is she still writing? Is talking making her uncomfortable? Does she want to be left alone?'

I decided to ask her. "Why are you still writing, if you don't mind me asking..." I say, as (y/n) just lets out a sigh, still looking down. "Do you want to be left alone? I can go if you want..."

The girl continues to stay silent, so I decide to get and head up to the door.

Right before I'm too far to continue holding her hand, she tightens her grip, stopping me in my tracks.

"No." (y/n) says, which makes my jaw drop as I turn on my heels to face the girl, who now had her head up in my direction. "I don't want to be alone..."

"O-oh. Okay..." I reply, sitting back into the chair beside the bed. "Do you want to talk or just stay quiet?"

"I want my music but I guess I can't have that..." she says, with a sad tone. "Can we just talk? Noise helps me open up the area..."

"Yea. Of course. Uhmmm, any topic specific?"

"Nah."

"I hope you don't mind, but yesterday when I called your aunt, I saw the wallpaper on your phone."

"Oh, yea... I've been meaning to change that..."

"Why? It's so cute. Are they your friends from home?"

"Used to be..."

"Oh..." I stop myself from prying, even though I am now curious. I don't want to do that to her in this stressful time.

"Well, I'm still friends with some..."

"Do you want to talk about it? I won't pry if you don't."

"Well, last year was hard." she pauses for a bit before continuing. "I decided to go to a different high school than where my friends were going... and I guess some of them took it personal."

"Oh... Oh right, cause in (home/c.), high would've started last year, right?"

"Mhmm. I didn't know anyone at my last high school, which was what I wanted... I wanted a new start."

"So your friends didn't even hang out with you outside of school?"

"Not really..." She takes a steady deep breath. "A few tried to make gatherings, but some didn't come and once the meet ups were over, I wouldn't hear from them for weeks."

"That must've been hard."

"Yea. I just felt so alone. I had no one at school, I had no one outside of it."

"Oh..."

"But I became self-reliant, not needing anyone..."

"So you were a loner."