Chapter 5 : Playlists

*Y/n POV*

You head up the stairs to go to your room when you hear your aunt. "Is that you (y/n)?" she yells.

"Yup, it's me!" you say, going back down the stairs to see her reading a book and lounging on the couch. You place your bag on the ground and sit down beside her.

"So how was your day? Did you spend time with your new friend?" She looks up from her book and gives you a smirk at the last word.

"Jeez Mags. It's not like that! And he has a name, you know?"

"Oh, what's his name then?" she asks, still smirking at you in a suggestive way.

"H-his name is Kageyama..." you say, looking away. "But it's not like that! We're just friends. That's it! He's literally the only person in my class that even talked to me, so, yea." you say, crossing your arms, slouching on the couch.

"Okay sweetie, whatever you say, I guess" She murmurs the last part but you catch it.

"Ugh! I'm going to my room to be productive and do some homework, like the MATURE WOMEN I AM!" you say, grabbing your bag and storming off upstairs. 'I thought she was more mature than this. I thought she was the chill aunt that didn't care if I had guy friends, but I guess not. Like, it's the 21st century. CAN'T PEOPLE BE FRIENDS WITH THE OPPOSITE GENDER WITHOUT IT BEING ANYTHING MORE!'

You take out your textbooks and notes and start doing your homework, air pods in, listening to some aggressive music, of course.

Once you're done doing my homework, you open up your laptop and do some research about Karasuno's volleyball team in the past, and about other teams in the prefecture. You jot down all the important information you find, which was basically everything. Before you know it, you fill up '20 PAGES!!!! HOW DID I WRITE THAT MUCH! It's just been...' you check the time. It's 9:23pm 'oh jeez. I've been at it for hours now. I should probably get ready for bed' you think, putting away your books.

You change then wash your face. Once done, you get a text from... 'Kageyama? I wonder what he could want at this hour? Why is he texting me?'

~ Kageyama ~

Hey. This is (y/n), right?

Yup. That's me! What's up?

Oh, I was just wondering if you could send me
the links to your playlists?

Oh yea! I totally forgot. Here!

*links to playlists*

Ah, thanks! The one that we were listening to
today was really good, by the way.

Awh, thanks. That means a lot to me.

*Read*

Umm, crazy idea, but do you want to start a
session so we can listen to music together?

You can pick which playlist.

Uhm, sure. How about the summery one?

Sure!

*link to session*

You continue the rest of your skincare routine while the music is blaring in your ears. 'this is kinda relaxing. I wonder how Kageyama likes this playlist?'