Chapter 17 : Bump in with the Door

While looking at your phone, you end up bumping into someone. You look up and see a tall, brown haired boy looking over his shoulder at you. He looked kind of familiar, but you couldn't tell from where you knew him.

"Oh, chibi-chan, you alright?" the guy asks, turning to face you fully.

"Uhh- yeah. Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." you reply sheepishly.

You pass the tall guy and continue your walk home, when you feel a hand grab your arm.

"Not even a 'hi again'? I'm slightly offended, chibi-chan." he says. You turn your head to face him with a disgusted look.

"Could you not call me that? I'm not your 'chibi-chan'. Bet you don't even remember my name." you retort.

"Of course I remember your name, (y/n). Do you remember mine?"

'shit. I don't'

"Uhmm, no?" you say. 'damn, you made him feel bad but you can't even remember his name.'

"Wow, okay. I see then." He jokingly scoffs. "It's Oikawa Tooru. But you can just call me Tooru." he says, giving you a genuine smile.

"Oh, well I should get going, Oikawa." you reply trying to shake off his grip that was still on your arm.

"Woah woah woah. Why in such a rush? Can't we catch up?" 

"Uhmmm, well, I guess I have time." you say, texting Daisy a quick message saying you'll text her later.

"And I told you that you can call me Tooru." he said, which made you jolt your head to him.

When you texted Daisy, Oikawa had led you to a bench where you unconsciously sat down beside him, so when you turned your phone off to face the boy, you were slightly surprised.

"Oh, sure, Tooru." 

'why did that feel weird to say? And where do I know him from? I can't catch up with him if I dunno when I even met him.'

"So, are you still friends with Tobio?" he asks.

"Kageyama? Yea. I couldn't abandon my only friend." you chuckle. 'he didn't need to know you were a loser with only one friend.'

"Oh, I'm sure you wouldn't abandon him. I just thought he would eventually start being controlling like in middle school." Oikawa said.

'what the hell is that supposed to mean?!'

"What are you talking about? I bet you barely know him." you say, crossing your arms over your chest, which made the blanket you were still carrying lay completely over you.

"Ah, see, I bet you barely known him. I've know Tobio since his first year of junior high." Oikawa says, facing forward with a slight smirk on his face.

"Well, that was a long time ago. He's not controlling at all!" You furrow your eyebrows. "Why do you want to know so much about Kageyama anyways?"

And that's when it hit you where you knew Oikawa from. 'that day at the convenience store! Oh, and what Kageyama told me about this smug teen.' You scoff under your breath before continuing.

"Are you just using me to get an edge on your competition?"

"W-what?! N-"

"Save it! I don't need to hear it from you pretty boy." You stand up and face the boy, still with your arms crossed. "I'm not telling you anything. What kind of strategist would I be if I told you all our moves?" 

And with that, you turned back around and left.

"W-wait! I'm not using you!" Oikawa yells, getting up and starting to walk beside you. "I want to know more about you. I didn't even know you were the brains behind Karasuno's volleyball team."