Chapter 36 : Goodbyes

The rest of the week was like a dream. Everything just felt... right. You hadn't realized how much you had missed Daisy, so it was nice to have her around again. Besides school, she was always around.

You and Kageyama also spent more time together than usual, given the new relationship and all. Always having lunch together (but that's nothing new), coming over to your house more often and always calling each other for goodnights.

You've also been trying to set up Daisy and Noya, but it's been hard with the whole language barrier and all, but you really think that they would vibe together. It came with it's own struggles but you got them to find a way to message, even though their whole chat was mostly memes the other didn't understand-

You would also help Daisy with her Japanese every night, because she has been begging you to.

It's been a fun but packed week and it was already Friday...

The day your parents and Daisy go back home...

You took the day off school, even though their flight was only at 6:30pm, you wanted to spend as much time with your family as you could before they left.

In your final hours together, you go to a café and get some pastries to bring to the park for a mini picnic. It was a beautiful day, with the sun out but a nice breeze where you needed a little sweater and the sky was crowded with white clouds.

You wore a light green crewneck with a white pleated skirt and matching white shoes with some green accents.

It was all really nice but one thing was missing. You couldn't exactly put your finger on what it could be, so you just shrugged it off. 'It's probably the fact that they're leaving today...'

Before you knew it, it was time for the airport. You packed everything from the picnic up, insisting that they'll be stressed today so you and Mags got this all taken care of.

You quickly stop home to drop off the picnic stuff and pick up all their luggage and you are off.

It was so hard to say goodbye, all these feelings too familiar, but more intense. 

When you left for Japan in the first place, your emotions were clouded by excitement and you and Daisy weren't fully on talking terms at that point. But now that they were here this week, this short week, you got too comfortable with them around and now it feels like a piece of you is getting ripped out of your soul in the middle of that airport.

Your mom gives you a last hug, which feels so warm and comforting. You didn't want to leave it, but when your mom leans out a bit to look at you, she gives a smile.

"God, I'm so proud of you for doing this. You're so brave. Oh, I'm going to miss you so much." She dives in for another deep, warm hug.

Your dad was next, but he holds onto you for a little longer and whispers into your ear "It's not too late. You can come home."

You let go and give him a soft smile. "I'm ok. I'm meant to be here right now."

Then it was Daisy's turn.

You get attacked, nearly falling to the ground. She was squeezing you half to death to the point you had to beg for a breath of air.

"Oh, sorry." Daisy says, loosening her grip a bit but still hugging you. "I'm just going to miss you so much!!!"

"I know, I know. I'm going to miss you too!" You finally hug her in return.

Daisy fully lets go of you and aggressively grabs your shoulders and sternly stares into your eyes. "You better text me everyday. I won't let you go incognito on me again!"