Chapter 7 : Jealousy

*Kageyama's POV*

I was waiting in line to pay when I hear some people talking outside. Curious, I turn my head to see... '(Y/N) AND OIKAWA!! WHY IS HE HERE!! I swear if he takes (y/n) from me, I'm going to DESTROY HIM!'

My eyes stare at them intensely till I see (y/n) turn to look at me. I quickly avert my gaze and step up to pay for my things. Once done, I rush out of the store to see Oikawa still there.

"Oi. Tobio! How are you?" Oikawa asks me. 'I know this player is being sarcastic. He doesn't care how I am. He's probably here to try to get (y/n) to fall for him. Pathetic'

"I'm fine." I reply, trying to hide my anger from (y/n). I turn towards her, trying to ignore the brown haired idiot standing in front of me. "Ready to go?"

"Oh. So Tobio here is your 'friend'." using air quotes on the last word.  "How lovely." Oikawa says sarcastically, with the slightest bit of anger in his voice.

"Yea. We go to school together." (y/n) replied to him. Jealousy flows through my blood when I hear her talking to him. "Welp. We should go." she says, handing me back my drink. 

"See you around, (y/n)~~" Oikawa gives (y/n) a wink which makes her blush slightly.

"Bye!" she waves goodbye to him as we walk away.

We walk in silence for a bit, guiding her towards a park. 'I can't believe him. Every time my life is going well, he pops out of nowhere and ruins it! What if (y/n) does end up falling for him?  I'm starting to really like her and now he just swoops in and takes her from me. No! I won't let that happen! I-'

"Hey. You okay?" I hear (y/n) say with a soothing tone, which pulls me out of my thoughts. 

"Oh. Yea, no. I'm fine. It's nothing..." I lie.

"Okay...." she says, unconvinced.

I find a free bench and gesture to (y/n) to sit. We place our bags at our feet and look out to the pretty view.

"Wow. Such a lovely park." I hear her say, as I place the bag from the convenience store between us and look at her.

"Yea. The view is pretty." I softly gaze at her taking a sip from her boba. "I bought us some mochi." 

She turns her head to face me then looks down at the box of mango and vanilla mochi, still with her straw in her mouth. She looks up at me again with sparkles in her eyes. "I wasn't sure what flavours you liked so I bought mango and vanilla..." I say, averting my eyes to the boxes of mochi to cover my cheeks, that I feel starting to warm up.

"Thank you! Those are actually my two favourite flavours." she says, as I open up the two boxes.

"Oh. I'm glad..." I try to stop myself from smiling wildly, but still end up with a smile on my face, that I can't control. 

She picks up one of the mango mochis and takes a bite out of it. Her eyes widen and look back at the piece in her hand. "This is really good! Thank you so much Kageyama!" she says turning to me.

'god I like hearing my name coming from her.' "Yea, it's no problem." I say, grabbing a mochi of my own and turning my gaze to the view in front of us. "How's it been adjusting here? This must've been a huge change for you." I ask.

*Y/n's POV*

Hearing those words gave you a shock, as you slightly tense up. 'I never actually sat down and thought about the change itself. I mean, of course I was thinking how different it is here, but I never thought about how I was adjusting?'