Chapter 25 : Qualifiers

Monday has arrived and the qualifiers are on their way. You were super excited for the day, since you've never seen the guys play in competition yet. You wanted to see what they were like under pressure.

It was also Yachi's first time seeing them compete, so you two made your way up to the stands so that you could watch, since only one manager could be on the court, and Kiyoko took that spot since she knew what to do.

The first game that Karasuno had was against a school called Ohgiminami high. Once you and Yachi got to the stands, you see the other team walk onto the court. They wore half white, half blue uniforms.

"They seem kinda intimidating." Yachi whispered to you.

"Yeah. But our guys got this!" You turn to face the blonde and give her a huge, closed eyed smile and a thumbs up.

The teams bow and then the starting lineups get into position.

At the blow of the whistle, Asahi does his jump serve that he has been working on and aces it. None of the opposing players got a finger on it.

You and Yachi stare at them amazed. They seem to be confident, and their skills are showing for it. They had a lead from the beginning, which made you relieved. 'it's best to minimize stress early on. This is good.'

"KEEP IT UP GUYS!!" you yell. A couple of them look back and give you a smile.

Nearing the end of the first set, one of the Ohgiminami players spiked the ball right past Hinata and Asahi's block. Lucky for them, Nishinoya was there, and received the ball perfectly, sending it to Kageyama.

You see a flash of orange and black blaze across their side of the court and before you knew it, Hinata was in the air, on the opposite side that you saw him last. Kageyama directly sets it to the tangerine and Hinata just slams it down.

You and Yachi's jaws drop as you two turn to each other.

"Did they-" she says, stopping herself.

"I think they did-" you reply with the same shocked expression as her.

"THEY JUST WON THE FIRST SET!!" you two say in unison, flailing your arms in the air and hugging each other.

Karasuno won their first set, 25 to 16. It was amazing.

You cheer so loudly for them as they switch sides for the next set. Now they are facing you and Yachi.

The second set starts and Karasuno is looking good. They were keeping a very comfortable lead the whole time.

Right now, they were sitting at 22 to 13 for Karasuno. 'you got this guys. Almost there.'

To further their lead, Asahi does one of his new back attacks. 'yes. 10 point lead!!'

"YOU GOT THIS GUYS!!!" you yell.

Next point was gained by Kageyama's jump serve, which aced.

"NICE SERVE!! ONE MORE!! YOU GOT THIIIISSSS!!!" you yell, almost breaking Yachi's eardrums.

Kageyama does another strong serve but this time it's received by the other team's libero. Ohiminami does a shaky play but manages to get a strong hit on Karasuno.

But lucky for them, Nishinoya does a wonderful receive again. It wasn't the greatest, but Hinata managed to get the second hit and passed it to Tanaka, who spikes the ball hard on Ohgiminami's side.

The score showed '25 - 13', which means Karasuno won.

"We..."

"WOOOOOONNNNNN!!!" you and Yachi yell, giving each other high fives with both hands. You two start yelling and cheering for the guys and run down to meet them.