Chapter 40 : Convenience Store Talks

(A/n: listen at Kageyama's POV ^^)

_________________________________

It was still coming down hard outside and the store was quite empty so you and Kageyama decided to just sit in one the aisles, facing each other.

"Hey, uh, can I ask you something kind of random?" Kageyama asks shyly, looking up to you.

"Sure. Shoot." you reply.

You both had your elbows resting on your knees that were prompted up. You were holding your hands together as Kageyama had his hands hanging off his legs.

"What're some things you would do back home? Like in (home/c.)?" he asks.

"Uhmm, I don't know..." You pause to think. "Last year I didn't do much but really stayed in and watched shows and listened to music. I guess I would read a bit... I don't know, it was a hard year."

"Oh... uh, how about before? Like, what would you do with your friends, other than volleyball?" he asks again.

"Oh! Hmmm... That was a while ago. I guess we would go out and shop, for books and stationery mostly. Rarely clothes and stuff. Go to the movies. Get boba. Sleepovers. Nothing different from here, really." You explain, twiddling with your thumbs as you intentionally stare at them.

"And you would do that stuff with Daisy?" he asks.

"Yeah. And my other friends from before. But it turned more into just with her." You chuckle a bit. "Will probably be just with her when I go back-" You regret saying that the second it left your lips.

Kageyama's eyes drop to his hands, picking at the skin around his nails, resting on his lap.

"Right... when you go back..." he says, sadly.

"Wait, hey..." you scoot up with you crossed and sit in front of him, placing your hand on his knee to get his attention again. He looks up into your eyes with his saddened ones. "I'm here now, and I will be for a while still."

Kageyama struggles to try to give you a smile.

"But when you go? What will happen then? What will happen to us then?" His voice cracks at the last word as he drops his forehead onto your hand that's still on his knee.

You feel a tear then two trickle onto your hand. You uncross your legs and move over beside him. With his head still on your hand, you scoop up his face and push it so it now rests its side on your shoulder.

You look over to see Kageyama's sad and slightly scared face with his eyes closed and his rosy nose and cheek that's pressed against your shoulder. With your hand resting on his other cheek, you rub your thumb under his eye to remove a tear about to fall.

"Shhhh~ It's okay~" you reassure him. "I'm here now. I'm here now..."

You start running your fingers through his beautiful raven straight hair as you fall deep into thought.

'I didn't know I meant so much to him... I mean, he told me I meant a lot but- I'm nothing special to cry about, right? Hell, I'm just like any other girl. I'm nothing special...'

'Sure, we have a bunch of similarities and we clicked since day one, but there's others like me, right? I can't be the first girl that has given Kageyama this kind of attention. I mean, look at him! He's so perfect...'

You brush his bangs out of his face and see his now more relaxed face. You then rest your head on top of his.

"Even when I'm gone, I'll never leave your side. I'm always gonna be there for you. Through thick and thin, I'll be there for you. I'll always just be a text message away." you whisper to him.

He lifts his head from under your's and looks you in the eyes with a hopeful glimmer in his.

"Do you mean that?" he asks.

"Yes. Of course I mean it." You give him a meaningful smile, which he takes more as confirmation than the words you just spoke.

He smiles back then lies down on your lap, looking in the direction you were.

...

You two stay like that for a while before you speak again.

"You know," you start as you feel Kageyama turn his head to look up to you. "The rain is such a beautiful thing, if you think about it."

You look down at the boy, who is giving you a confused look. You start playing with his hair as you look back forward and continue.

"Well, it's like nature trying to clean us from the superficial things we have given importance to. The rain gives life to the plants because they are starved from the appreciation we humans should be giving them." You chuckle a bit.

"You know, as a species, we really don't have our priorities straight. All this stress put on us kids to get good grades so that we have a 'good future' that is really just us doing unimportant tasks and boxing us into needless responsibility and miserable lives? It's pathetic really." you continued.

"I say that if we just take a step back as a society for once, we can see what's really important again. Our nature... Our loved ones... Our happiness..." You sigh. "I just wish this pressure placed on us since we were little could just take a pause sometimes and let us kids live our lives a little..."

*Kageyama's POV*

As I'm looking up at my beautiful girlfriend talking about the rain, I lose myself in my own realizations as I focus, not on what she's saying, but on the sound of her soft voice and the vulnerability she's showing with it.

'This is the reason I fell in love with her in the first place... Her beautiful hair falling from behind her ear. Her enchanting voice. Her amazing way of thinking... Damn. I love her.'

(A/n: HEYA!! Sorry for taking a while to update again! I suck! Just all with school and sports and work- I HAVE NO TIME TO DO THINGS I LIKE TFFFFFFFFF!! 

But I went manga shopping and got my frist haikyuu mangas! #4-8-11!! And I made a deal w my stepsister (hiya) to trade my horimiya vol. 1 for her haikyuu vol. 1!! YAYAYAYYAYAY!! Also got Jujustu vol.11 and 12 and another. ba-bye $86.05 but well worth it. And had a good 5 min. convo w one of the workers abt jjk. MWAH! highlight of my month. (yeah yeah. Ik you two/three were there so shush-)

I also have a game for field hockey in 2 days and I'm goalie- What the-

Anywayyyyssss, back to the wattpad. I'll try to publish ever Saturday cause that's my only free time- (I don't even have time after school cause of PRACTICES AND QUIZZES AND HOMEWORKKKKKK!!!!) Hopefully that'll work, but no promises.

Can't believe I'm already publishing part 40! It hasn't even been a year since I started this?! And thank y'all for 100+ votes and nearly 1.5k views!! THAT'S CRAZY!!! Y'ALL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!! SENDING ALL THE VIRTUAL HUGS I CAN MUSTER!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Hope y'all are doing great and have a great week and happy thanksgiving to my fellow canadiens out there! See ya in the next part! Mwah! Love youuuu!!! <3)

Word Count ~ 978