Chapter 14 : Calls

(TW: cussing and mental breakdown)

It has already been a week since the incident at the Tokyo training camp and they finally unbandaged your eyes. When you first could see again, the light was blinding, given that you were in total darkness for a week now. The doctors did the last few tests before confirming that all was good. 

Today was Saturday, which meant you had to call both of your parents. You lazily popped out of bed and made your way to the washroom, where you do an extra long skincare routine to compensate for the lack of it in the past week. 

When you looked in the mirror, you were greeted with horribly dark eye bags that seemed to stretch all the way to the tip of your nose. 'goddamn it. I knew this would've happened.'

Continuing analyzing your face, you put your right leg on the counter. You detect a few new pimples on your forehead, chin and your nose. 'the hell! I can't with this shit right now.'

Then you find the burn scar. You graze the long of it, gliding the tip of your left index and middle finger along your right jaw. You drop your head and stare at the sink in front of you. 'how could this have happened? Why me?  WHY ME!?'

You start crying, which leaves a stinging feeling in your eyes. 'the fuck? I can't do anything right. Hell, I can't even FUCKING CRY PROPERLY ANYMORE!!'

Your body drops so that you are now crying on the counter of your bathroom. 'I thought this change would be good? But-' You lift your head up and glare at yourself in the mirror. 'they weren't the problem... It was me all along...'

'god I want to just disappear right about now.'

You finally get yourself all ready for the day, as you throw on your favourite stained hoodie with a pair of shorts, that your huge hoodie covered. You check the time and- 'shit. I need to call mom. I'm already 15 minutes late.'

You go grab your phone from the bathroom, where you thought you left it, but it was gone. 'shit shit shit shit SHIT! Where the hell is that DAMN THING!!'

You finally find your phone and frantically dial your mom's number.

"Hey mom. Sorry I was late. Lost track of time." you immediately say once she picks up, which was right at the first ring.

"Oh, don't worry sweetie." she said in a soft, comforting voice. "Mags told me you got your bandages off yesterday. How is it?"

"How is what?"

"Your eyes, silly."

"Oh. They're fine. Initially, the light was overwhelmingly bright but after a few hours, they reset."

"That's good. Any irritation though?"

"Nope. Not really. Only when I cr-" You cut yourself off. 'shit.' That was your first mistake.