Chapter Five

Screaming I woke up in a fright throwing my blankets off me. He's on me! I have to get him off! I gasped trying to calm down my beating heart. I looked around my bedroom realizing I was safe and it was just a nightmare. I lowered my hands into my shaking hands and sobbed. I could still feel his hands touching me over and over. When I closed my eyes his piercing brown eyes haunted me.
      Daylight finally flooded my bedroom. I opened my eyes drowsily. I had tossed and turned all night waking up in screamed thinking he was on top of me only to realize he wasn't. Lifting up my covers I searched my body, yep the bruises where all still there. I lowered the covers and curled myself up in a ball hugging my stomach. I just wanted to sleep, to close my eyes. If I never woke up that would be okay with me.
       Some time later my mom came in to check on me and by that time I was wide awake just laying in bed, "Sweetie you okay?" She reached her hand out to touch my forehead.
         I jerked away at first in a panic what if she saw the bruises.   
         She placed her hand on my forehead, "Hmm you don't have a temp, do you feel okay?"
      I nodded hoping she couldn't tell how fast my heart was beating, "Yeah I'm fine mom." She left and I fell back asleep.
       I slept all day on and off sometimes I laid awake watching tv shows. I ignored Lexi's texts. The next day I repeated the same pattern staying in bed just sleeping most of the time.
     When I was awake my mind traveled to how this all happened. Was it my fault? Did I somehow present myself to Salvador that I was into him? Did I put myself in the position to be rape? Was this all my fault? Was it the clothes I wore that attracted him? I was all alone in this big empty world and no one knew how I felt no one could possibly know what I was going through. I was scared, scared of him, scared of myself, scared of everyone.
     By the third day I knew I couldn't hide forever. Picking up my cell phone I looked at my thousands of texts from Lexi. Okay it was more like hundred texts, but it seemed like more. I read them slowly not wanting to leave anything out first her messages were sweet ones, then frantic worried ones, to finally mad pissed off ones.
   Hey girlie hope you're feeling better! If you need anything let me know!😁 love ya!

    So Anthony went out with this girl last night and she has blue highlights! Can you believe that?! She looks like a smurf! Anyways he seems to like her so I can't judge.

    Okay so it's been a whole day and I haven't heard from you! How are you doing? Do you feel any better?

       I'm worried girl please respond or at least pick up your dang phone!

     Thinking of you❤️ where are you anyway it's like you walked off the face of the earth! Anthony says you haven't answered any of his texts either and now we're both worried! But you know Anthony's worries are like oh yeah she's fine she's talk when she's ready whatever. I miss you!

     Ugh you are really pissing me off! It's been two whole days and I haven't heard once from you! Are you avoiding me?

     Not texting one day because you're puking your guts out is one thing, but three WHOLE days! Answer your phone Julia Rose Blade!

     ugh fine be that way bitch see if I care!😡😡

     I sighed Lexi must hate me. I quickly dialed her number.
     "Hello you reached the how to be a best friend hotline. Yes I know how to be a best friend I haven't ignored mine for the last three days like you have. How may I help you?" Lexi said in a monotone voice.
      I grinned at least Lexi hasn't lost her sense of humor, "Yeah I'm here to find out how to apologize to my best friend." My voice soften, "Lexi I'm so sorry I haven't texted."
        "You dang right better be sorry! You completely ghost me! I had no idea what was wrong and I was worried about you."
      "I know and I'm really sorry. Can you forgive me?"
       There was a long pause on the other end, "I forgive you, but you have to get your sorry butt over here so we can go shopping asap!"
         I laughed, "Okay give me a hour and a half."
         "You have exactly one hour."
         "Sheesh bossy much?" I joked. Climbing out of my bed in the same pjs from three days ago.
        "Only on my good days." Lexi joked back. "See you soon bestie!"
       We said goodbye and I went to my walk in closet to find something to wear. Shorts and tank tops were out of the questions with all my bruises. I settled for a pair of Hollister jeans with a hole in the knee and a navy blue t-shirt with pink roses and white polkadots on it the sleeves were long so it would hid my bruised arms. I looked myself over in my mirror, my eyes widened as I realized I also had a hickie on my neck. I touched it gently, a flashback over took me. I was laying on the bed and he was on top of me pushing himself down on top of me his lips going over me as his hands groped and explored my body. I screamed and tried getting away but I couldn't move. I shook away the imagine and went and grabbed a navy blue scarf to tie around my neck to hide the hickie.
        I walked down the long away past my siblings bedrooms and the bathroom. Turning into the kitchen I went over to the white counter to the coffee pot to pour me a cup. A rough hand grabbed my shoulder and I tensed stifling a scream in the back of my throat. Coffee splashed over the side of the cup as I missed the cup completely.
         My dad rubbed my shoulder, "You okay Julie? You're tense."
         I turned and handed him my cup of coffee then turned around and filled another cup while I wiped up the spilt coffee, "Yeah I'm fine dad, you just startled me that's all." I poured some cream and lots of sugar in my cup and joined my dad at the wooden kitchen table.
      My dad was tall with black hair, glasses and a dark tan from being outside a lot. He wore jeans and a gray shirt that said Happy Father's Day, but Father's was crossed out and instead said Happy Fishing Day and showed a tackle box. He sipped his black coffee, "What plans do you have today, Juls?"
       I looked over at him, "I'm going to go over to Lexi's."
        "You feel up to that? You laid around all weekend." My dad commented.
       "Yeah I feel fine." I said. I finished the rest of my coffee in silence then grabbing my car keys and purse I left.