𝟝.𝟠 𝕆𝕦𝕣𝕠𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕤

I wish I could help. Liam was gone. Hayden was gone and I could've helped them. I should've helped them. Now Anna was broken. Everyone thinks he's dead. That they're dead. Liam is just a kid. He didn't do anything to deserve this life. None of us did.

I pulled out my cell phone before dialing the number. I listened to the dials ring a couple of times before becoming hesitant about calling him. There was suddenly an answer.

'Kaelin, is that you?' Braeden asked over the phone.

"Yeah. It's me." I said sadly, "Is Derek there? Can I talk to him?"

The other line went silent before there was an answer. 'Hey Kaely. Is everything okay?' Derek asked and I smiled.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." I said.

'You wouldn't have called me if it was, Kaely. You know that.' Derek said.

"I remember." I said, "Not just time with you, but I remember everything. I remember the fire and I remember how she died because of me... And now someone else is going to die because of me too and I don't know what to do."

'Kaely, I love you.' Derek said softly, 'Your mother died for peace. She died because she wanted peace between werewolves and hunters. It may not have turned out the way she wanted it to, but one of our allies is the Argents.' Derek sighed. 'Now about what hell you've gotten yourself into... It's not your fault. You did all that you could.'

"It doesn't feel like it." I shook my head.

'Kaely, I love you, but if you continue doubting yourself I will come over to Beacon Hills and-' Derek started but I cut him off.

"No." I said, "Don't come. I'll be fine."

'Good.' Derek said.

"I love you, Der." I said.

'I love you too.' Derek said softly.

I hung up and turned around to face Theo.

"Who's Derek?" Theo asked furiously.

"He's just a friend." I answered.

"Friends don't normally say they love each other, Angel." Theo stated angrily. "They don't normally kiss the other's cheek either." I looked at the photo he was pointing at which was Derek.

"It's not like that." I said annoyed, "And how did you even know it was him?"

"I guessed." Theo stated.

"Look, it's not like that, alright?" I said, "We're just very close friends. Basically family."

"Just like Scott and Stiles?" Theo demanded.

"Yes. Just like Scott and Stiles." I deadpanned, "I'm friends with other boys. Is that really such a bad thing?"

"Yes. Yes it is." Theo declared as he stepped closer to me. "Because they need to understand that you're mine." He slammed his lips onto mine before placing his hand on my back.

"Ahem." Scott said, announcing his presence.

Theo groaned out of annoyance. "I don't want to talk to you." I snapped at him.

"It was the best chance we had on getting to the Dread Doctors. You've got to understand that." Scott sighed.

"Understand what?" I said, "That you used her as bait?"

"That I did what I had to do." Scott corrected.

"You did what you thought you had to do. There's a difference." I snapped.