Chanyeol lifts an eyebrow at him looking extremely suspicious.

"You did something wrong."

"Huh? I-I didn't!" Baekhyun strongly denies, stepping back until he hits the wall. "What are you talking about!?"

Chanyeol curiously looks at his husband protecting his hand like he's hiding it from him.

"Wait. Are you doing a prank on me again?"

"What? No, I'm not!"

"What are you hiding behind your back?"

"Nothing!"

"What is it?"

Baekhyun shoves his hand inside his underwear.

"I said it's nothing!"

Chanyeol effortlessly grabs Baekhyun's wrist that the male is trying to sink into his pants. He intently studies Baekhyun's hand, seeing his ring finger now with a cute band aid wrapped around it like a ring.

Baekhyun quickly takes his hand back and holds it himself.

"I-uh, th-there's a wound! Yes! I-I accidentally cut myself when I was doing the laundry! You know, Sehun's hoodie? Ha-ha-ha-ha! I was washing it!"

No. That's not it.

"I was being harsh! M-my nails! They're already too long and...!"

Stop lying. Don't tell him that.

"So I, when I was trying to scrub the dirt off the hoodie, my finger just went... whoop! And then it bled out! So I disinfected it and covered it with a band aid... That's why I... I had this.... on my finger.... and I..."

Silence falls for about ten seconds or so, with the two of them just blankly staring at each other. Baekhyun parts his lips to say something more, when his husband finally reacts with a soft worried look that internally surprises Baekhyun.

"Oh. Then you should be more careful."

Baekhyun blinks fast.

He... didn't notice?

"Better yet, throw away that hoodie. Let's just buy Sehun a new one to replace it."

"Uhm... O-okay..."

"By the way, lunch is ready so finish up here and don't forget to unplug the washing machine from its socket," Chanyeol reminds, heading to the door, "Turn off the lights when you leave."

The door in front of him clicking silently makes Baekhyun release the deep breath he doesn't know he's been holding. His knees seem like jelly, feeling all wobbly as though he has just lost his soul for a minute.

Whew.

"That... was close."

Shutting the door behind him, Chanyeol is this near from punching the wall, fighting the urge to maybe curse, laugh, and cry, all at the same time. He zones out with his face emotionless, yet he ends up sighing instead and holding his forehead.