Together Forever

The first few weeks were extremely hard for all the members.

A few days after the loss, they had held a proper burial.

Bucciarati felt guilty, not being able to attend to the event. His emotions simply wouldn't allow it.

Giorno had to take over as mafia boss for a few months, as Bucciarati was unable to do the task.

Bucciarati eventually picked himself up, retaking the position.

Unfortunetly though, nothing was ever going to replace the empty feeling in his heart, not even time.

A few years passed, and many things happened. A few uprisings came about once again. Not as drastic as the final fight with Diavolo or Belphagor, but it had him barely escaping death a few times.

They were all very coincidental too, as if someone were watching over him, telling him to continue living.

Somedays, when he was working away at his desk, he would feel a warm breeze through the window, enveloping him. It felt as if someone were hugging him from behind. It felt so warm, so nostalgic.

Every year on your anniversary, he would walk around by the alley, where you two first met, the scene unfolding in his mind as if it were yesterday.

He was prepared to feel sad each time, but he surprisingly felt a little happy. It felt as if he wasn't alone, and that you were standing there by his side.

A few years later, and Bucciarati passed away from a terrible accident.

Before he passed, his spirit was sent to a familiar alley, where he saw you standing there. You turned around with a sad smile.

"You just couldn't wait longer? After all my hard work too." You pouted.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, unfortunately fate has played its cards for me."

You shook your head. "I'm happy to see you again." You smiled softly.

"I'm happy to see you, too."

You lifted your hand to him, "shall we go finish those plans you had in mind?"

He nodded enthusiastically, taking your hand into his tightly. "I'd love nothing more," he smiled.

You two walked side by side, taking the first steps towards an adventure of a thousand miles beyong the bright light.

-

The members were eventually relayed the information of the sad news about their beloved friend. They mourned deeply, but at the same time, they were happy for the two of you; knowing you both were spending your time somewhere beyond this world, happily together forever.

Life is fleeting, that's why it's important to stop and smell the roses, even if they come to prick you sometimes. You were the one who taught me that. Life is beautiful, and that's enough to make it worth living.