The Pursuit Is On

Its been about a few months now, of you meeting Bruno Bucciarati on your little outtings. You two were slowly becoming good friends.

One day, the two of you were walking around, enjoying some drinks together.

"Oh, yeah! Bucciarati, I never did tell you, but I started a new job at this one local flower shop, near that bakery we went to once."

"Oh, really? Good for you, I hope things are going well in your new job."

You nodded. "Yeah, there's a lot of work to it, but it's fun! My boss is really nice too."

He smiled. "I'm glad to hear that."

"That reminds me, would it be okay if we exchanged numbers? I mean, I might start getting more shifts now, because this one person quit recently. I'd hate to be scheduled on a Sunday and not show up without notice."

He nodded. "Sounds reasonable, I appreciate your consideration." He pulled out his phone, along with you. You exchaged numbers.

You examined his contact information. "Hmmmmm."

"What's wrong?"

"Look here," you showed him your phone, of his contact information.

"It's my number, and?"

"And there's no picture." You pouted.

"Ah. Well, I guess I wouldn't mind you taking one picture for your contact information. Just don't show it to anyone." He glanced away.

"Really?!"

He nodded, still looking away.

You opened up your camera, focusing it onto him.

He glanced over, and you took the picture. You viewed the picture, your face gleaming.

He tried glancing over your shoulder nonchalantly, to see the picture for himself.

You tilted your phone away. "Nuh-uh. I'm not allowed to show anyone." You teased.

He sighed. Continuing to drink his cappuccino.

You two continued your walk, talking with each other.

It was usually you ranting on about how your week went. It was nice, because he would listen intently to your every word, nodding to you every now and then, making sure you knew he was listening.

But he never really took the time to talk about himself. Now that you think about it; you didn't really know him at all.

Everytime you tried asking about him, he'd avoid the subject and keenly turn the conversation back onto you.

You thought about it and now thousands of questions popped into your head: Where does he work? What's his job like? Does he live by himself? Does he... have a significant other?!

You felt embarrassed even thinking about that last question.

"Y/n," he broke you out of your spiraling thoughts, "is something wrong? Your face is a little red."

You quickly sip your drink, looking away. "I-it's nothing," you mumble.

Your conversation died down a little as you two continued to enjoy each other's company.

You two eventually stopped at an intersection.

"Well, it's about time I get going. Thanks again for meeting up." He smiled.

"Thank you, too!" You waved as he headed off into the opposite direction. You watched him go, until out of sight.

You stood there for a little while longer, and you just couldn't help but wonder: Who is he, really?