All By Myself

"This is torture", I whined quietly as we walked up a hill. We were supposed to arrive in Azgeda at noon, it was nearly evening. The storm didn't quiet down until late in the morning, and then it brought so much snow with it that it took us hours just to get out of the cave. "Why couldn't you have your kingdom closer to Polis?", I asked just as Nymeria wiggled in my arms. She wanted to be let down to explore but I didn't want her getting lost in all this snow.

"In case enemies attack, they'll at least be slowed down, hopefully killed by the weather", explained Roan

"Well at this rate, we'll be killed by the weather", I replied sarcastically. It was hard walking through snow with two puppies in my hands, all wiggling and yapping. "You know, next time, just a thought, maybe you could arrange for some people to meet us halfway, so we could have horses that are still alive to bring us to Azgeda", I proposed. Our horses didn't survive the storm last night, meaning that we had to walk all the way over here. I couldn't even feel my legs at this point.

Finally, we reached the top of the hill that overlooked everything below it, and I finally saw the home of the King. It was beautiful. More beautiful than Polis. It was a large stone castle that looked like it was centuries old, with a stone wall surrounding everyone inside. All the stones looked a little burned, some half destroyed but they were still holding. Protecting everyone inside. There was the Azgeda flag hanging from the side of the walls. I could see people buzzing around, doing their work, guards patrolling the wall, kids running around.

 I could see people buzzing around, doing their work, guards patrolling the wall, kids running around

"It's beautiful", I breathed as I stood beside Roan.

"Home", he whispered. Some of the grounder guards began descending the hill carefully, and Roan followed, while I still stood, watching the amazing city.

"Now that's what I call a kingdom", I whispered and walked carefully down the hill, joining Roan. 

After about an hour of more walking, we finally made it to the front gates of the walls. There were two guards sitting on their posts, guarding the wall. It was at least 3 times my height if not even more. Roan didn't even look that tall beside the wall.

"What is your business?",asked one of the guards as he looked down at where we were standing.

"I'm King Roan kom Azgeda, and I've come to claim my throne", replied Roan loud and clear. He was standing tall and proud, with an ice cold expression on his face, guarding his real emotions.