Hell Is Just A Sauna

We were running as fast as our legs took us. I stopped to look back for a second and felt Finn grab my hand to pull me with him.

"Audelia! Come one!", he yelled at me and I obeyed. We were running back to camp, or what I hoped was the way to camp.

I still saw Jasper's body lying there, with a spear sticking out of his chest. I mean a damn spear! Not only was the Ark wrong about there not being any survivors on the ground, but they have basically sacrificed us. I stopped when Monty fell down right in front of me.

"Monty! Monty get up!", I yelled and pulled him up. But then Clarke and Finn stopped. I looked at them questioningly and that's when I noticed the skeleton.

"Oh my god", I heard Octavia whisper next to me. 

"Well Christmas came early", I whispered without thinking. I had a habit of doing that. Not think before speaking. Everybody looked at me, and I just shrugged. Not like I was wrong.

"What are they?", asked Clarke as she picked up the skull of the skeleton. It looked like a monkey's, but that's all the books back on the Ark taught me.

"We are so screwed", said Octavia. Then we heard a loud scream coming from behind us.

"Jasper...", I whispered. He was alive. The spear didn't strike his heart. "Well I'll be a hot monkey's aunt".

Everybody started running back to where we left Jasper. I was the fastest, since I was the lightest and I regularly worked out on the Ark. Nobody ever really did, not like we had sports or anything to prove physically but it helped me get my mind off things easily. 

"Audelia, wait , wait!", yelled Finn after me, and grabbed my bicep. "Stay out of the trees".

I looked around automatically, trying to see if I could spot anybody.

"Hold up, he was right there", whispered Clarke. I looked at the spot where Jasper was previously, and now he was in fact gone. 

"No. Where is he?", asked Monty. I looked around more, hoping to see anything. Somehow, the nature I was seeing now was not making me happy anymore. More like scared. What else do we not know about this planet? What are there like giant bear wolves, or perhaps Deratactles? 

"They took him", concluded Clarke, and I sighed in defeat. How come my second friend I made on the ground already dies?

"Let's go back. We are safer back at the dropship", said Finn and tugged me and Clarke with him.

"What about Jasper, we can't just leave him", said Monty.

"We are not going to be able to help him if we are dead", said Finn strictly, and continued walking back. I followed reluctantly. I knew what he said made sense but I still couldn't believe it. Humans. Alive?

As we neared camp, I heard yelling. What happened now? 

We came to a clearing on top of a hill, and I saw Wells and Murphy fighting, while everybody cheered them on. Bellamy was standing not far from them, with a stupid smirk on his face. Oh how badly I wanted to wipe it off his face.

"Wells!", yelled Clarke as she descended with Finn at her heels. I followed, while helping Octavia. Her leg hurt, I could tell, which is why she was limping.

"Let him go!", screamed Clarke as she neared Wells. He let go of Murphy right away.

"Whoa. Hey. Enough. Murphy", said Bellamy as he stopped Murphy from attacking again. I was surprised he intercepted. Then he looked in my and Octavia's direction and noticed her limping. "Octavia. Are you alright?"