Crumbling Under Pressure

I looked up at the commander who looked furious.

"Please, you don't have to do this", pleaded Clarke.

"You lied, and you're out of time", replied the commander, her voice full of venom. I looked around frantically, trying to think, hoping something would spark an idea. I noticed the shock baton attached to a guards belt. I looked at it, remembering all the movies I watched with my dad, they used electricity to restart the heart. I lunged for the baton, grabbed it, whipped it out, pressed the button and hit Lincoln across the chest. His body moved but his heart was still unresponsive.

"Hit him again", ordered Clarke and I did so. Then, finally Lincoln opened his eyes and took a breath.

"Lincoln...", whispered Octavia, getting out of Bellamy's arms and getting closer to now an alive Lincoln. I sighed in relief, shutting off the baton, and handing it back to the guard. I look at Indra triumphantly.

"Octavia...", whispered back Lincoln. I smiled at their little reunion.

"Would be a shame if you killed us", I say with a fake smile and sarcasm evident in my voice. "Especially now that we have saved one of your people".

The commander looked at me, with a softer expression now. She nodded, climbing down the stairs, followed by her people, Clarke and then me. We walked back to the grounders and inside the commander's tent. Inside, the commander sat down on her throne, and looked at us.

"Lincoln's recovery was....", began the commander, a little at a loss of words. "Impressive. No one's survived such a fate before".

"It's not complicated, really. We just have to keep them alive long enough for the drug to leave their system. I know we can do that same for others.", said Clarke confidently. I nodded and looked at Indra, she did not look happy.

"Very well. You may have your truce", announced the commander, earning a look from Indra. I smiled at her, knowing that I was just feeding the fire.

"Thank you", thanked her Clarke, and I smiled at her appreciatively.

"I just need one thing in return", continued the commander and my smile faded. 

"What's that?", I asked a little cold.

"Bring me the one you call Finn", replied the commander and I felt my heart fall. "Our truce begins with his death".

I looked at her with disbelief evident on my face. Clarke pulled me out of my thoughts, pulling my hand and leading me outside. We walked in silence, our weapons were returned so I felt much safer now. We walked down the hill towards camp once again.

"Hold your fire! They're back! Open the gate.", yelled out Bellamy as the guards opened the gates and we entered. Bellamy ran up to me, hugging me and I hugged back.

 Bellamy ran up to me, hugging me and I hugged back

"Power up the gates. Roll-out positions. Stay ready!", ordered Major Byrne and the guards obliged. I followed Clarke to Abby who was waiting for us patiently.