Home

Brittany's POV:

"Are you feeling any better, Baby?" I asked gently. We have been laying on the bed for a while and her crying has now stopped. All I want to do is beat Aimee. Screw my hate of violence, no one gets to treat my girlfriend like this, no one.

"A little bit," she mumbled. "Are you okay?" I hated that she was thinking of me. She is the one in hospital. She is the one being accused of using her illness as a way to get attention.

"I love you," I sighed. The truth is, I am not okay. I don't know what I am doing. I don't know how to help her or how to make her feel loved. I don't know how to protect her, not only from her brother, but from everything. I know that I can't stop her from feeling pain, but that doesn't mean I don't want to.

I didn't wait for her to say it back, I knew she would. I just stood up, kissed her pout away and told her that I was going to the bathroom. I wasn't, but I just needed to get out of there. I need to cry, but I know I can't because San always knows. I don't want her to feel bad- all I can give her now is positivity, at least for a while.

I walked out to the waiting area and just fell into my mom's arms. Why was this so hard for me? She needs me, and I can't be what she needs if I am an emotional wreck like this.

"Come on, B, let's go get a drink, yeah?" I nodded and she wrapped her arm around my shoulders and we walked to the café. Maybe it is all of the death surrounding us, but there is this strange atmosphere here. "How are you doing?" I looked up at her and she sighed. "Sorry, stupid question. Is- uh- is this why you didn't want to leave, you thought that something like this would happen?" I nodded slightly.

"I didn't know that this would happen... but I knew that something wasn't right." I inhaled a shaky breath, "I kept trying to convince myself th-that I was just overreacting like always. But I wasn't. A-And I don't know what I can do. How am I supposed to leave her when- when I go away for a few days and she ends up in hospital. I-" I couldn't say anything else, I was crying too much. "Sh-She has got so much happening and I don't know if there is any way I can make it better... I'm scared that it will be so much worse if it happens again. W-What do I do?"

"All you can do is be there for her, Britt-"

"But what if that isn't enough?"

"Britt, this isn't you. You think the best in everything."

"Well it's kind of hard to do that when the person you love is suffering like Santana is." I said coldly before understanding that it wasn't her fault, "I'm sorry," I sighed, "thanks for the drink, but I need to get back to her now."

"Britt-" she called as I stood up. "I need to go back to Chicago. I can find some other way back here after and be here soon but I do have to-"

"It's fine, Mom. You, Ash and Dad finish your vacation and I will see you soon."

"Britt-"

"I won't be home for a while anyway, there is no use in you wasting your time."

"You call me if you change your mind and I will be right back," I nodded and gave her a small smile before hugging her goodbye and making my way back to San's room. I stopped on the way to get San a drink too- no coffee for now, but a special hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream. I only hope that someone went in and sat with her because I had been considerably longer than I expected.

~~~~~

Santana's POV:

When Britt left, I just curled up into a ball and cried a little. I can't believe I'm here again. I had control over it. I was okay. I was safe. And, most of all, I had Brittany. I don't understand what happened.