private paradise | t. seguin

Summary: spending your honeymoon with Dallas boy Seggy

Seeing Tyler standing at the alter had become one of Y/N's favourite visuals. The memory was imprinted against her eyelids every time she closed her eyes, his hair was cut shorter than he usually kept it for the season, his hands were clasped in front of him as he stood under a large white canopy.

Sunlight poured behind him and highlighted all the intricate decorations they had spent months putting together. Jamie and some of Tyler's hometown friends stood to the right all wearing the same suit- soft black ties and grey pocket cloths accentuating the black of their suits. His groomsmen all had tears in their eyes and bright smiles- they were happy to see their best friend getting married.

When Y/N's eyes finally landed on Tyler, her heart began to race- she had already been nervous before the large banquet hall doors opened to reveal her, but as she took her first step towards the man who was about to become her husband, everything seemed to fade away.

All she saw was the man she loved, standing in a dark grey suit with a white dress shirt and black tie, and a black pocket square- he was the inverted version of his groomsmen and he looked perfect. The tears in his eyes began to fall down his cheeks- curving with his smile as he looked at his stunning bride.

Dressed in a long white gown, the sleeves were intricate and made of fine lace- a tiny veil was pinned In the back of Y/N's hair, a bouquet of pink flowers, daisies and Lillies with some greenery- The families on both sides stood as the music began, they had decided to go with something less traditional instead of "Here comes the bride" it was a soft melody that had undertones of country and pop mixed in- no lyrics, just a simple instrumental to keep the focus on the couple.

Once she finally stood in front of Tyler, Y/N matched his tears with her own- whispering softly. "Don't make me cry- I spent too long getting my makeup done for you to ruin this now." She giggled softly, teasing him as the family and friends in the audience laughed.

Shaking his head, Tyler looked at her with such a sense of fondness. "God can you not make fun of me for 5 minutes? Im trying to marry you here." His eyes crinkled as he laughed- he had never felt more in love with Y/N than that moment. Even though this was supposed to be serious and they were supposed to be showcasing their relationship- the two of them couldn't stop cracking jokes.

After their vows had been read, the both took their time saying 'I Do' once the words had passed their officiants lips- Tyler surged forward and wrapped Y/N up in his arms, kissing her deeply and the cheers of their audience fading into the background.

As Y/N's eyes opened, she looked around the bright hotel room, her body was pressed into the silk sheets of her bed. The air was humid and there was a few feathers scattered around the bed- picking one from her hair, the girl sat up and hummed- they had arrived in playa del carmen the night before- their honeymoon had only just begun but they had already managed to christen the marriage and tear the room apart in the process.

Picking up Tyler's dress shirt from the floor, she pulled it over her body and slipped her panties back on- climbing out of bed and padding across the floor into the kitchen which was attached to their suite. Leaning against the balcony rail outside, she found Tyler. His boxers hanging low on his hip- hair full of curls and frizzy due to the humidity, a cup of coffee in his hands.

He looked like a painting in that moment and Y/N could't stop herself from grabbing her phone and snapping a picture for the memories. Setting it on the counter- she walked out and met him, wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning against his chest- "Morning..." she hummed happily into his back- with her cheek pressed against his skin, she pressed a kiss to his shoulder blades before Tyler turned around.

He looked down at her and grinned brightly, moving his arm so that she could slide under and look out at the view of the beach. "Good morning Mrs Seguin." he purred- pressing his lips to the top of her head. He didn't think he would ever get tired of saying that, to have this girl not only as his own, but sharing his last name- he just felt complete.

"How many times are you gonna say that?" Y/N chuckled softly as she took the coffee from him, raising it to her lips and taking a drink- as Tyler's hands found her hips, she rolled her eyes- he had an insatiable appetite. "As many times as you let me..." he kissed the space between her neck and her shoulders.

Throughout the day, Tyler refused to let Y/N out of his sight- they settled into the hotel room and cleaned up the evidence of last night's escapade before changing into their swim suits and heading down to the beach- it was really hot, the humidity sticking to their skin like leeches and causing Tyler to have a mini afro of curls.

Leaving the beach around noon- they decided that it would be best to do something that involved air conditioning, the sun was now at it's peak for the day and everything was going well- They took pictures around the resort and on the beach, looking into what a helicopter ride would cost and maybe even swimming with dolphins.

"Are you sure that isn't to cliche?" Y/N asked with a laugh as they settled in a cabana outside their hotel room. With her legs thrown across Tyler's lap- she let her head fall back and let out a soft groan as the man started to massage her feet, he looked at her and raised his brow. "I don't think so- I mean... We came to a beach for our honeymoon- isn't that cliche in itself."

He had a point there, when they had been planning the wedding, Y/N suggested going to a city the neither of them had ever been- but Tyler rejected that idea. He travelled a lot and could do sightseeing during the seasons, he wanted to have a relaxing vacation with his wife where hockey wasn't following him around like a bad omen.

The newlyweds spent hours on that little cabana, relishing in each others company and just enjoying the presence of one another. They had their private little paradise under that structure- curtains drawn all around them and room service being delivered whenever they wanted, it was perfect.

Tyler knew that as soon as they got home, they would have to go back to their normal lives- but he couldn't wait to live as a husband.

And if he was lucky, maybe a father.