all in the name | t. seguin

Summary: there is only one person that Y/N feels comfortable telling anything too. Thats her big brother Tyler. When she feels as though she is not enough, there is one person who is ready to prove her wrong.

Requested: Yes

If there was one thing that everyone knew- it was to never mess with the sequin family. They were such a tight-knit group of people that lived and breathed hockey, but underneath the sports and fame, what really held them together was their close bond and trust.

When Y/N was born, her brother Tyler was already living out of the house- he moved away for hockey at a rough age of 14, but he was very well the biggest influence in the girl's life. Whether it was driving home every weekend just to spend time with her, or convincing his parents to let the girl move up to Dallas with him when he got traded- he was always there for her and they were joined at the hip.

Y/N was always socially outgoing and independent, but she relied heavily on Tyler. She was never good at talking about her feelings- she wanted to be tough and cool like her big brother. She played hockey so in her mind she wasn't allowed to be sensitive, but over the years, Tyler had shown her that she was able to be a bad ass girl without compromising her sensitivity and femininity. Their parents had raised them both well- but when Y/N moved tin with Tyler at 15 years old, they had made sure that Tyler was taking care of her and showing the ropes of life.

He was her guardian and after two years of living with him in Texas, she couldn't be happier. She was enrolled in the best school and had a great group of friends that she seemed to always be with. When Tyler got a day off- she was joined at his hip and they would spend days lounging around the pool or going into the city.

The dogs had become her protectors when Tyler wasn't around- never leaving the girl alone even if Tyler was at home. Y/N was rather close to the team as well- they all treated her like a baby and in turn she grew close with their girlfriends as well. Jamie was like her awesome uncle that always seemed to get her into trouble which made Tyler the overly protective older brother who constantly scolded them.

Jamie's girlfriend Katie often watched Y/N when the team was away on road trips- the blonde would come and stay her Tyler's house with Y/N and the dogs but no one really seemed to mind. It was a great set up. But as Y/N got older, she didn't need Katie to babysit her anymore- Tyler wasn't totally comfortable with the idea of leaving his 17 year old sister alone in a big house, but he knew that she was responsible and could handle herself.

So when he came back from a three day road trip to find the girl huddled on the couch surrounded by an empty pint of ice cream and a few empty tissue boxes- he knew something was wrong. The girl was buried under the blankets, asleep although not deeply. Her eyes had a ring of red surrounding them and the dogs were cuddled at her feet- protecting their girl.

Walking in quietly, Tyler set his bags down and sat at the end of the couch- running his hands through his little sister's hair to coax her from her sleep. "Hey jellybean... Whats going on?" He asked softly- her eyes finally open, the girl looked up at him and her bottom lip trembled. She didn't sa a single thing before she sat up and wrapped her arms around Tyler crying softly into his chest.

Instantly he wrapped her up tight- toned arms embracing her and giving her a sense of security. "Hey hey hey... It's okay- you're okay." He tried to reassure her. But he really had no idea what she was going through. Cassidy and Candace hadn't called him which wasn't unusual, Y/N didn't really tell them anything- she wasn't nearly as close to them as she was with him.

Finally the girl pulled away, wiping her tears and looking up at him. They shared quite a few similarities. The slightly curly brown hair, deep chocolate brown eyes- the only difference was that Y/N had softer cheek bones- a little bit of baby fat still hanging onto her. "Its stupid..." she mumbled, looking down and picking at the sleeves of Tyler's hoodie that she was currently wearing.

Tyler shook his head and sat with the girl on the couch- rubbing her back as she snuggled into his chest. "Nothing you could say would ever be stupid." He reassured her. He thought that maybe she was having troubles with a boy or maybe someone at school. But it was kind of hard to tell.

"Remember that boy that I went on a few dates with?" She asked softly, feeling her cheeks bush a deep red at the though of talking to her older brother about boyfriends.

The man nodded softly and gave her a pointed look- if he found out that this little punk hurt her he was going to break his neck. "Jared right?" He asked for clarification.

Shaking her head the girl giggled softly. "Jackson.' She corrected him, hearing her laugh reassured Tyler that it wasn't something really bad- but it was still enough to make the girl sad. "I found out he was only going out with me so that he could meet you... I just thought he really liked me." The girl rolled her eyes- it was something so stupid now that she spoke it out loud.

Pushing herself up from Tyler's embrace, the girl started cleaning up the mess. "Its fine- how was hockey?" She asked, trying to ignore the trip. Hockey was the usual topic of conversation in that house- but in the moment, Tyler could see that his baby sister really didn't want to hear about it.

He stood up and walked over to her- grabbing her hands and stopping her from cleaning. "Y/N... You're allowed to be upset- you're allowed to be heartbroken, its part of growing up." He promised her, holding her close and giving her a hug- the girl sighed and cuddled into his chest. She wasn't exactly heart broken, she was just really sad and disappointed.

"What if no one actually likes me? What if they are all just pretending to be my friend so that they can meet you.. or come to our house?" She asked him hesitantly. The last thing she wanted to do was give Tyler a reason to send her back to Ontario.

Tyler sat her down on the couch. "If those people are only kicking around because of me and your money- then they dont deserve to be your friend... You are such an amazing girl, you're kind, you're pretty, you're an awesome hockey player and you have the biggest heart. Thats why people want to be around you- not because of your dumb big brother." He gave her shoulder a shove which caused her to laugh.

Wrapping her arms around him and giving a hug and pecking his cheek- the girl smiled brightly instantly feeling a thousand times better than she did before. "Thanks ty..."