thin walls | v. dunn

Summary: Vince gets a little carried away during a stream which results in his neighbour coming over and giving him a piece of her mind.

Requested: No

There was no denying that Vince could get rowdy during his streams, with the excitement of talking to his friends and working towards a victory, he often found that streaming Fortnite was a way to escape from the stress his life had created for him.

Surely, he didn't have it rough in life. He was a millionaire professional hockey player doing something he loved, not to mention a recent Stanley cup champion. However, with his sport often came problems with the media, or backlash from the coaches and managers when he wasn't playing well.

So it was nice to come home and have something to look forward to that didn't revolve around hockey. Like anything, in the beginning there were many fans that flocked into his comments just to ask about the team, but after he adopted some moderators and got rules set up, that pretty much faded away.

Over time he had become known as 'that guy on twitch' rather than just 'that guy that plays hockey' and he actually really enjoyed that. He was a pretty chill guy so having another persona that he could escape into was welcomed.

But there were nights that he just didn't play well, much like his everyday life in hockey. There were streams where he just got frustrated with himself and couldn't perform to the best of his abilities- or maybe he suffered from a rough practice that day and it was lingering on his mind.

Much like tonight.

Whatever the case was, Vince had been struggling all stream. He had barely made it into the final players and it seemed like no matter what he did, he was getting shot left and right. His friends had been teasing him for it ever since they logged on. Corinna was nice although she gave him a few digs here and there, and AC- well... AC never shut up.

To say that Vince's nerves were shot would be an understatement. He had reached the end of his rope a long time ago and now he was into the deep end.

"Fuck!" He cursed as he lost another round, his hand slamming onto the desk. Getting angry on stream was something he rarely did, but as AC kept buzzing in his ear about how poorly he was performing, he couldn't help it.

There was a flood of comments talking about how Vince was sexy when he was mad and then others laughing and thinking that his frustration was the funniest shit they had seen all week. When Vince saw that people weren't upset at him for getting mad, he let himself relax a bit.

He eased into the game and whenever he was frustrated he didn't both to hide it. His headphones had been pushed over both of his ears now and he let himself go.

What resulted was Vince getting carried away. Every time he made a small miscalculation, he swore loudly or banged his hand against the desk- really he was letting out his anger from the entire week.

After about an hour of his volume increasingly steadily, there was a knock at Vince's door. At first he thought that someone might have been trolling him, that wasn't rare for twitch streamers. There was an audio clip that subscribers could use and make it seem like someone was at the door.

Either way, even if there was someone at Vince's door, he wasn't looking to get up and answer it. It wasn't like it was important.

But after a few minutes, he heard the knocking again and this time it was more urgent. Whoever was on the other side of the door wanted to talk to Vince. They wanted to talk to him now.

Checking his phone, Vince didn't see a message from the bellman downstairs. Usually if someone had come to the apartment to visit they had to check in with Leroy downstairs. But Vince's phone was free.

So whoever was at his door obviously lived in the complex.

Pausing his game, Vince got up from the chair and headed to the door. He peeked through the peep-hole and instantly felt his stomach clench.

Y/N.

The woman had been Vince's neighbour for about a year now and they had spoken a handful of times. Usually they only said a few words in passing but Vince had been lucky enough to learn her name after some of her mail got mixed up into his own.

Opening the door the man was hoping that this was going to be a pleasant experience, but from the furrow in her brows and her arms crossed against his chest- he knew it wouldn't be.

"Hey..." The man trailed off, not entirely sure why she was there.

Pursing her lips, Y/N had an extreme sense of annoyance pulsating through her veins. "Hey." She spoke bluntly. "I need you to quiet down." She told him.

Vince's brows furrowed immediately. He didn't think he was being that loud, after all-he had streamed many times before and not once had Y/N made a complaint. "I'm sorry?"

Looking at him incredulously, Y/N scoffed. "You're being really loud and I need to get a goodnight's rest for work tomorrow-so please. Be a bit softer..." she told him.

It was at this moment that Vince took notice of Y/N's appearance. Her hair was slightly dissolved and her body was consumed in what he assumed was her pyjamas. There were dark circles under her eyes and he frowned.

Glancing at his watch, he read the time stamp.

2:45 AM.

"Shit..." he blew out a breath of air. "I'm really sorry- I didn't realize how late it had gotten." He told her. "I'll shut it down." He reassured her.

Y/N glanced at him and nodded hesitantly. "Uh thank you." She told him.

She went to turn around and Vince suddenly thought of an idea.

"Wait- what time do you have to get up tomorrow?" He asked her.

Looking back at him with confusion crossing her features, Y/N paused. "Uhm nine.... Why?" She asked. She didn't really know her neighbours well. Other than the few times that she had crossed paths with them- they weren't well acquainted.

Vince grinned. "Allow me to pick you up a coffee..." he suggested.

Smiling faintly, Y/N chuckled. She looked him over for a second- in all the times that she had passed him by in the apartment, she definitely noticed that he was attractive. But she had been far too busy during those times to even consider getting to know him.

"As an apology?" She asked, a small smirk gracing her lips.

The hockey player chuckled, running a hand through his brown curls before scratching his jaw. "How about as a date?"

Y/N felt a flutter in her chest. She nodded and started walking back to her apartment before pausing at her own door- Vince stepped into the hallway to watch her.

"It's a date... and remember to keep it down." She winked.