∆•Chapter~Fourty-five•∆

Kozume Kenma's POV

It was another typicical Monday morning, sitting in the coffee shop down the road from the school. Keiji was always dropped off at school around a half hour early. Which wouldn't be a problem but much like myself, he prefers to avoid a crowd. Since I live just a short walk away, we would meet here in the mornings before school. I wasn't one who liked to wake up, yet I liked these mornings with Keiji. Neither of us would really eat anything, but I've shown Keiji a tea ideal for dijestion and metabolism. So some mornings I would catch him sipping one of those.

Usually we would spend the time playing on my switch, resting, or simply talking. It was something I'd grown used to. Sometimes he wouldn't come if he stayed at someones house. He's constantly been bugging me on meeting his friends, yet that sounds very unappealing to me. Although I am glad he's making friends. He's claimed sometimes it's hard to be comfortable around them but he also knows that's on himself.

One thing that really makes me happy for him is his situation with Bokuto Koutarou. I was the one who helped Keiji realize his admiration towards the boy, so knowing they have a chance makes me smile.

Then there's Keiji's other friends, one in specific sticks out to me. He pisses me off yet I admire him so much. He's a hopeless romantic, smart, has a heart of gold, can lose his temper, and a lazy yet attractive look. Something about him is just so appealing to me. I'm not one to pay attention to others at school yet it's difficult to avoid him. Kuroo Tetsurou. Although, I don't think I could be as lucky as Keiji to actually get the chance to talk with him. Keiji has only offered to have me meet Sakusa Kiyoomi and Komori Motoya. Since the other's are rather popular and he isn't fully comfortable with them just yet. Although he said it's possible to meet Miya Atsumu, but he's a little.. much. He already warned me Komori is hyper, I don't want to imagine Atsumu.

"Hey, actually can I meet Sakusa and Komori?" I asked, not bothering to use honorifics. I really wasn't into that whole thing. Akaashi's eyes lit up and he happily nodded. 

"I'll have us sit together for lunch, although I gotta convince Sakusa-san to actually go to the cafeteria." He stated. I nodded, looking back at my switch. I had only one class with Akaashi, it was rather disappointing. Although we hadn't drifted at all from the inconvenience. Even now that he's making more friends he hasn't drifted much.

Keiji and I used to be very alike. Keeping our head down, eating elsewhere, avoiding everyone. Although he's seemed to gain more confidence and doesn't always use a hood to cover his face. I'm glad he's being more comfortable socially. I just wish I could get to that point eventually. It's not like I mind being alone, I just think it could be good to try something different for a change.

Keiji tapped my shoulder before tilting his head as a way get me to follow him. We had just over ten minutes to get to class, so we started to walk down the road. When we saw the school I put my hood on and looked down. He avoided other's gazes but didn't put his hood on. I had a feeling I knew why, and I didn't want his friends to notice me. I started to walk a little faster which he easily adjusted to. As soon as walked through the gates, an energetic voice called to Keiji.

"AGHAASHIII~" A boy called, with gelled hair and golden eyes. Behind him was the one and only, Kuroo Tetsurou. He attacked Keiji in a hug and peppered his face with kisses. I nodded to Keiji before walking away quickly, not wanting to meet them. I decided to head to my class but Keiji reached out and held my wrist. I tensed up, looking straight at the floor. I tried to walk away but he wouldn't give up.

"This is my best friend, Kenma." He introduced me. I mentally cursed him out before standing beside him.

"Hey." I said in a quiet voice, not looking up to meet their eyes.