We Thought It Was Obvious ~ I. Lahey

Creds to justauthoring on Tumblr
Warnings: none
Word count : 890

It was one of the mornings where everything had gone wrong.

You couldn't quite explain how, but you could definitely explain why. It started with you sleeping in past your alarm, and then realizing you only had twenty minutes to get ready. Continuing on, your makeup had taken you longer than normal because you were panicked and you hadn't had time to make breakfast nor lunch so it seemed you were buying lunch today.

And to top that all off, you'd forgotten that your mother had taken the car this morning, meaning you had literally a minute to text Lydia and hope that she'd pick you up, or you were walking.

The only thing that had gone right was that, luckily, Lydia was more than happy to pick you up.

"Rough morning?"

"You wouldn't believe it," you sighed, shutting the car door beside you as you moved to pull on your seat belt. As you did, you continued, "I slept through my alarm, and then I couldn't, for the life of me, do my eyeliner this morning, ugh, it was just a big mess."

It was only a moment after you'd finished explaining, did you realize that Lydia had started moving the car yet.

With furrowed brows, you turned your head slightly, raising your eyes to glance at her only to find her already looking at you. But rather then meeting your eyes, she was looking at your chest. "Um..." You started, increasingly baffled. "Is there something wrong?"

Nothing.

Raising your hand, you waved it in front of Lydia's eyes. "Hello?"

She blinked, registering and meeting your eyes. "Sorry," she mumbled, shaking her head as she set her hands on the steering wheel. "Got a bit lost there for a moment."

"Everything okay?" You questioned, with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah," she said after a moment, slightly hesitant as she nodded her head. "Yeah."

Once Lydia started driving, everything fell into pattern and before you knew it, the two of you were at school. And with time to spare.

Lydia said she was meeting up with Stiles and Scott before class started, and with a shrug, you said you'd tag along. The two of you talked about basically nothing, just as you had in the car, before the two of you reached Stiles and Scott.

"Good morning," you greeted with a bright smile, looking up at the two of them.

Stiles and Scott turned to you and Lydia, their lips parted as if to reply, before they paused, much like Lydia had. You glanced down at yourself, pulling at the fabric of your hoodie in confusion.

Was something wrong with it?

"Is something wrong?" You questioned, voice hesitant.

Stiles snapped out of it first, slapping Scott in the chest. "Nope," he shook his head adamantly. "Nope, not at all."

Squinting your eye in suspicion, you turned to Scott; "Scott?"

He glanced back and forth between you, Lydia and Stiles before nervously mumbling a; "nope."

You opened your mouth to reply, still suspicious before a familiar head of light brown hair caught your attention. "I'm just gonna go to my locker..." You explained, still wary, "i'll see you guys later?"

"Yup," Stiles grinned.

"See ya!"

With a short nod, you turned, heading off the other way. As you grew closer to your person of target, your lips curved into a bright smile and you practically started skipping along in the hallway, unaware of the eyes that followed you.

"Isaac!" You called, gaining the boys attention.

He turned to you the moment you called his name, his eyes immediately lighting up and his lips curving into a bright smile. "Hey," he called softly, opening up his arms to which you promptly ran into. Curling your arms around his waist, you squeezed him tightly in response before pulling back.

"I missed you," you whispered, voice low.

"I missed you too," he grinned, before his eyes gazed lower. "See you're wearing my hoodie?"

Glancing down at your attire, you fingered the material. "I fell asleep in it last night and then woke up late. I can take it off-"

"No," Isaac cut in, shaking his head. "No, you look cute in it."

With a soft blush, you grinned; "really?"

"Yeah," Isaac whispered huskily, leaning down. "Really," just as he finished speaking, he pressed his lips against your own, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you close. You immediately responded, wrapping your arms around his neck with a soft smile against his lips.

Then; "I knew it!"

You jumped, surprised as you turned to the direction of the shout only to find Lydia, Stiles and Scott all standing before you.

Pressing a hand against your chest, you sent them all a glare; "knew what?"

"That you were dating," Lydia exclaimed.

Glancing up at Isaac, you furrowed your brows; "we didn't tell you know?"

"No," Stiles shook his head, "no, you didn't."

"Oh," Isaac mumbled, shrugging, "we thought we did."

"What do you mean you thought?" Lydia screeched, turning her eyes on you. "That is some major information I needed to know."

"Sorry," you mumbled nonchalantly, "I thought you did."

"You never even mentioned it," Scott reminded.

Glancing once more at Isaac, you turned back to your friends with another shrugged.

"We thought it was obvious."