Pleased To Meet You ~ K. Mikaelson

Creds to tvdiaries-imagines on Tumblr
Warnings: None
Word Count: 1946
.
.
It has been a couple of years since you've stepped foot in the town of Mystic Falls. You decided to take a breather from your residence by spending some time with your best friend, Damon Salvatore. Perhaps even lend a hand in whatever mess he's gotten himself into now.

Matter of fact, the last time you've seen him was the last time you were in this boring town. You remember him confiding in you about his growing feelings for Elena and the newfound knowledge of the original vampire family.

Every now and then while you were gone, Damon would call or text you during his free time, updating you on everything that's been happening. From the crazy pants hybrid, Klaus Mikaelson taking over Mystic Falls to Damon kissing Elena. 

Damon has always been the snarky and ballsy type ever since you first met him way back in the 20's. There has never been any romance between the two of you, just a good old rare connection of friendship.

After him showing you the benefits of being a vampire, you couldn't help but want to be one too. You were even surprised when he didn't hesitate to turn you when you asked. Maybe because his brother was off the rails at the time and he had no one except you?

The Salvatore boarding house has always been a second home to you and without a doubt, you made yourself comfortable by starting on unpacking your luggage in your guest room of choice.

You shifted to and fro from your unzipped luggage laid on the bed, grabbing articles of clothing to place in the empty chest of drawers.

Being halfway finished, a knock sounds from the doorframe, putting a pause to your unpacking. Damon's left shoulder is leaning against the frame. "I know you just got here. Jet lag and all. But I need you to get all pretty and dressed up."

"Why so soon? Where are we going?"

"I need you to accompany me and be my date."

"What did Elena do now? She got back with Stefan and you wanna make her jealous?" You teased, rolling your eyes playfully with your arms crossed in front of your chest.

"Pff what? No. We're going to a ball. So hurry." He waves his hands in a shooing motion. "I got a rack of gowns downstairs for you to choose from. I know how picky you can be." Damon heads away from the room without a backwards glance and you scowl at him without getting an explanation.

"A ball?! Whose ball?!" You shout so that he can hear you from down the hall.

"I'll explain it in the car!" He shouts back. His voice sounding farther and farther away. "Now hurry and get dolled up!"

(Later...)

"Well hot damn." You exclaimed, eyes wide from astonishment as you're pulling up on the driveway of the Mikaelsons's mansion, being seated in the passenger seat of Damon's car.

Hopping out of the car, Damon threw his keys to the very convenient valet. What a nice touch.

Upon entry, a tray of filled champagne glasses were set forth at eyes view, being carried by one of the many wait staff. You couldn't deny the bubbly, so you happily took a glass for yourself and another to hand to your best friend who was scanning the area with his eyes, which you assumed he was looking for Stefan while hoping he doesn't find Elena here.

"There's my brother." Damon said. His eyes made contact with Stefan's and took a step towards his direction. Damon glanced behind to make sure you were following, but you weren't. Before he could question you verbally, you gave your explanation.

"You go on ahead. I'm gonna go say hello to Mrs. Lockwood." Your eyes gestured over to where Carol Lockwood is and Damon nodded in approval to go your separate ways.