Jealousy ~ Kol Mikaelson

Creds to kmikaelsonimagines on Tumblr
Word count: 500
Warnings: jealous Kol🥵

"Why is Damon Salvatore looking at you like that?"
"Like what?"
"Like he's undressing you with his eyes."
You followed your boyfriend's steely gaze to where, sure enough, Damon was sitting there. He raised his glass at you, smiling when you waved back. Being friends with the eldest Salvatore brother while also dating the youngest Mikaelson brother came with its challenges. It was common knowledge to most people that they hated each other, which never made things easy.
"Kol, he's having a drink. Will you stop overreacting?", you placed your hand on the vampire's arm, in an attempt to calm him down.
Key word there? Attempt.
"Y/N. You can't just expect me to sit by and let him look at you like that. At least, let me have a quiet word with him."
"I can and I do. He's my friend. He's allowed to look at me. And you forget, I know you Kol. A quiet word in your vocabulary means you're probably going to end up killing him."
Kol didn't answer. Instead he leaned across the table, cupping your face in his hands and placing a soft kiss on your lips.
"You're cute when you try to get me to be good, darling."
"You're cute when you're jealous."
Kol brushed his nose against yours, a smile forming on his lips as he looked over the top of your head. You once again followed his eye line to find Damon with an irritated look on his face.
"Told you. He's so into you. I mean, look at him."
You sighed, rolling your eyes at the man you loved. You shouldn't have been surprised really. It was Kol Mikaelson, after all. A mischief maker with a penchant for rubbing people up the wrong way.
You were about to respond, when you felt a hand on your shoulder.
"Promise me something Y/N. Next time it's date night with the maniac over here, tell me where you're going so I can avoid it at all costs," Damon said, a look of pure disgust on his face.
Kol stood up, the amusement on his face replaced by anger.
"She doesn't have to promise you anything, mate. It's not her fault you're jealous."
You could see where this was going, and it ended up with one of them having a snapped neck.
"Kol, that's enough. Damon, I think it's best you leave. Now."
Following your orders, Damon turned on his heels, not hesitating at the opportunity to get away from the original.
You were about to scold Kol for such petty behaviour, when once again, you felt his lips on yours.
"I know what you're going to say, Y/N, but before you do, I just want to let you know that I love you."
"Flattery will get you nowhere, Mikaelson," you mumbled against his lips, in an attempt to sound authoritative. One that failed miserably.
"Authority is not your forte, Y/N."
"Jealousy isn't yours."