We've Met Before, Love ~ K. Mikaelson {Part 1}

Creds to southsideslutt on Tumblr
Warning: none
Word count: 1080

 You sat at the bar at the Mystic Grill, for the hundredth time this week

You sat at the bar at the Mystic Grill, for the hundredth time this week. You had another rather, aggressive, fight with your brothers Damon and Stefan, which involved a lot of insults getting thrown around. It was over something stupid of course, as all your arguments were, but this one seemed to tug at your heartstrings. This fight was over Elena Gilbert. You had confronted them both about how she was stringing them along.

"You do realise, brothers, that you are going down a dark spiral? Trust me, it's happened before. With—"

Stefan interrupted you. "We know, y/n. I don't think I need you to spell it out for us."

You looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Oh, really? Well what are you going to do about it? Sit around, moping all day long about who this girl is going to choose? It really shouldn't be this difficult."

Damon, who had surprisingly been quiet up until now, finally decided to open his smart-ass mouth. "Y/n let me ask you something." He rose out of his chair and began slowly walking towards you. "How many serious relationships have you ever been in. No, not hook-ups. I'm talking about legitimate, stable, partners? Answer me that." He look a swig of his alcoholic drink, and looked at you condescendingly.

"I-I, uh—" You stammered.

"See!" Damon threw his arms in the air. "That's what I mean. You don't even know. Because you've never had anything serious, y/n, so why should me and Stefan listen to you?"

You looked at them both in disbelief. "Is your skull that thick, Damon? Can't you see how toxic this is for you?

Stefan sat back and watched with amusement, having seen this happen many times before.

Damon just laughed, even though nothing about this was funny.

"Oh, don't laugh you egotistical asshole. All I've ever wanted is what's best for you both but clearly you don't give two shits. You'll do anything to get yourselves hurt." You could feel your anger starting to rise. "Don't say I never tried to help you."

"Y/n, y/n, y/n." Damon sighed, looking at you as if you were a lost little lamb. "You really think you can help us? The only way you're going to be any use is if you stay the hell out of this situation and let the people with experience on this kind of thing deal with it. Now, go... hang out with Caroline or whatever it is you do with your uneventful "life.'" Damon sauntered away but before he got far, you had him pinned on the ground, with help from your vampiric strength.

"For the record, brother, if you think you've had more experience with love than me, you've got something else coming. You compel people to love you, Damon. That isn't what this is all about. Uncle Zach currently has more love in his life than you, and guess what?" You sneered at him. "He's dead." You leapt off him and sped out of the door.

And that's how you ended up at the bar. Downing your 4th shot, you took a deep breath, preparing to leave.

"Mind if I join?" A deep British accent said melodically from beside you.

You looked up, and came face to face with a man you had never seen before in your life, but nonetheless seemed eerily familiar to you. He had dirty blonde hair, dark ocean blue eyes and lips that you were subconsciously drawn to.

He noticed you, too. The way your h/c hair sat perfectly on your back, and occasionally falling into your face. The way your e/c eyes held so much life behind them, all he wanted was to know you better.

Ahem, he coughed, noticing you staring.

"Oh, sorry. Yeah sure, have a seat." You suddenly became hyper aware of every single inch of your body. Did your hair look okay? Hopefully it wasn't all messed up from your clash with Damon.

"So, what's a pretty young thing like yourself doing at a bar all alone?" The man asked you.

You chuckled. "To keep it short and simple, let's just say me and my brothers aren't exactly harmonious when we're together."

He laughed, and the sound danced through your ears like a beautiful melody. "I know that feeling very well. I'm Klaus Mikaelson, by the way."

The name seemed familiar to you, but you couldn't place where from. "Y/n... Salvatore." You downed another shot as you said your last name.

Klaus raised his eyebrows at you. "Ah, the lovely sister of Damon and Stefan, I assume?"

You turned to face Klaus with a surprised expression. "I'm not even going to ask how you know them, and to be completely blunt, I really do not care. I'm done trying to look out for those two."

Klaus moved closer to you, and you could smell his scent, a mix between cologne, earth, and... vampiric blood.

"You're a vampire." You whispered to him. "How do I not know you?"

Klaus looked at you intently. "I've been around for a long time, love. The real question is, how do I not know you? I would've remembered a face so wonderful as yours."

You felt your cheeks turn red. "I appreciate the compliments, Mr Mikaelson." You smirked at him.

"I'm saying nothing but the truth, my dear." His eyes dancing up and down your face.

You smile at him, and sigh. "So what brings you to Mystic Falls, Klaus?" You ask him, throwing your head back to take another shot, which you instantly regret. You can feel yourself getting dizzy, and slipping in and out of focus.

"Woah there, love. Better slow down on the alcohol before you knock yourself unconscious. Actually you know what, I'm going to take you home. You clearly aren't in the state to drive I'm afraid, even if you are a vampire."

Klaus's hand wraps around the small of your back, and you feel shivers all the way from the hairs on your head to the tips of your toes.

"N-no." You stutter out. "Take me anywhere but home to those... assholes..." You lean your head on his shoulder subconsciously and let him guide you out of the bar.

Klaus chuckles. "You should know not to trust random strangers you meet, y/n."

You look up at him. "Good thing you're not random, eh?"