Running In The Rain ~ L. Dunbar

Creds to stunbar-blog on Tumblr
Warnings: Fluff
Word count: 960
.

You were out running your usual route through the woods when you felt something was

You were out running your usual route through the woods when you felt something was... off. You couldn't put your finger on what it was, all you knew was you wanted to be home as quickly as possible. Your music blasted in your ears so you could barely hear your own footsteps as your pace quickened and your breath became more irregular.

It was then that the heavens opened. You looked up at the quickly darkening sky as the first few drops of rain fell, followed by a never-ending army of its brethren, sent down by the gods to attack your skin, intent on drowning you in your place.

You groaned in frustration before sprinting down the path, holding an arm over your eyes to shelter your sight from the rain. Had it really been this dark when you left the house? It was becoming harder and harder for you to see but you didn't stop; you needed to get out of the woods but you were disorientated. You had lost the path you had been following and you were now surrounded by unfamiliar trees.

You were lost.

You ducked underneath a tree and crouched down; the vast amount of leaves it held keeping you partially sheltered from the rain's assault, and pulled out your phone. The screen lit up in your face, a stark contrast to the eternal darkness that surrounded you, and you swiped through your contacts quickly, knowing exactly who to call.

Liam.

The phone rang once, twice, three times; before he picked up and you sighed with relief upon hearing his voice, "Y/N? What's wrong?"

You told him you were lost, asked him to come get you and as soon as the words left your lips you could hear him shuffling around in his room while he told you he was on his way and to stay where you were.

He was by your side within minutes, his clothes soaked through, much like yours, from the rain, and he was panting profusely from the run but he was there, his dorky smile adorning his lips as he looked down at you.

"Need a hand?" You rolled your eyes at him but took his hand nonetheless as he helped you stand and kissed his cheek, noticing the red blush that adorned his face moments later which made you smile to yourself.

Half an hour later you were home and in the shower, willing the chill that had seemed to reside in your bones from your run to leave your body by pelting your skin with hot water on the highest possible heat setting. Liam was in your room after showering before you since you insisted he deserved it after he rescued you. He was in the bathroom for ages, giving you enough time to dry his clothes (the boy had left his house in only a pair of sweatpants and a tshirt) so when he came eventually emerged from the bathroom he had something warm and dry to change into.

You had dove into the shower straight after him, taking with you some fresh clothes so you wouldn't be parading around your room in just a towel with him watching (which had happened before now) after you were finished in the shower. After relishing in the feeling of the hot water on your skin you changed into your clothes, a pair of baggy pj bottoms with one of Liam's oversized tshirts that he had left at your house.

Walking into your room, you found Liam lying across your bed scrolling through his phone but his eyes quickly snapped to meet yours as soon as he noticed you enter. A smirk crept up his face as he took in what you were wearing but you chose to ignore it, towel drying your hair before throwing said towel into the hamper with your wet clothes.

"Is that my shirt?" He questioned as you glided next to him on the bed.

"Maybe..." you drawled out your answer, noticing the teasing glint in his eyes raked over you in his clothes, "you don't mind do you?" He shook his head at your question, "No, they look good on you."

You smiled at his comment but couldn't stop yourself from shivering slightly, you still felt as if your veins had turned to ice after that damn run.

"Y/N your freezing," Liam noted, throwing a blanket over your shivering form with his big blue eyes now full of concern. "I'm fine, Liam." You sighed, teeth chattering slightly as you did so and he rolled his eyes as he attempted to get up from the bed to grab you more blankets, "sure you are."

It was your turn to roll your eyes as you pulled him back to the bed, "can we just cuddle?" Liam's eyes softened and he nodded his head, you both shuffled under the covers and you felt Liam press against your back as his arms snaked around your sides to hold you. You sighed in content as a smile formed on your lips, feeling his body heat warming you through your clothes.

"Thank you for rescuing me today, Li." You mumbled, knowing he'd hear you. You felt his breath on your neck before he placed a ghost of a kiss in the place where your neck meets your shoulder.

"I was just doing my job," he muttered into your skin. "What job is that?" You questioned, genuinely curious.

"Protecting you, i always want to protect you Y/N." You smiled at his words, turning around so you were facing him.

"I love you Liam Dunbar," you whispered, feeling his lips brush against yours almost immediately in a soft, loving kiss.

"I love you too Y/N."