27

--Milo--

"Milo wake up" I whined and started moving away from whoever was trying to wake me up.

"Come on baby you gotta wake up we gotta go" That was definitely Nikolai. He's the only one that calls me baby. "Do you wanna go home or not bubba" I opened my eyes a little and looked at him "Home?"

"Yeah we're gonna go home early. It may only be our second day here but my dad decided after what happened yesterday it would be best if we just went back home for Christmas" He started running his fingers through my hair softly "Okay" I sat up and stretched a bit before climbing out of bed to get ready to leave.

I took a shower then got dressed in with I was originally gonna wear today which was Nikolai's white t-shirt with the paint splatters and some ripped jeans along side my grey canvas sk8-hi vans.

Niko put on his black skull shirt with matching jeans and shoes. I would have to say I kinda copied his style for the trip a little bit but then again I just copied his style in general. It wasn't until just recently that I started wearing sk8-hi vans and ripped jeans and it's all Niko's fault.

"You ready Milo? Most of our stuff is already with mom and dad" I smiled and nodded grabbing my phone and suitcase then reaching for his hand which he gladly let me hold. Our parents smiled at us when they let us in but I could still see the sadness in their eyes. "Okay we should get going.. Our flight leaves in like 2 hours" Mom says checking her phone. We all nodded then left the hotel room.

Nikolai and I walked hand in hand behind our parents who were waking the same way. People smiled at us as well as giving us dirty looks since I'm guessing being gay is a bad thing here to even if we aren't dating.

Once we got to the airport Niko and I sat down close to one of the window while my mom and his dad went to find us some food. I grabbed Niko's hand and start playing with his fingers a little bit.

"Fags"

Niko and I looked up seeing a guy around his age looking at us with disgust. "Mind saying that again?" Nikolai said calmly but I could tell he was fuming.

"I said fags. You two being together in that way is fucking gross"

By now Nikolai was holding my hand tightly but not tight enough to break it "For you information dip-shit he's my brother" I looked at Niko and saw him clenching his jaw then back at the guy who was sending daggers at him with his eyes.

"They why are you holding his hand like that? Do I need to call the cops for incest?"

"No you don't. Just so happens he has constant panic attacks and me holding his hand calms him and stops that from happening. Get lost kid" Niko rolled his eyes at the boy then grabbed his phone while rubbing my knuckles.

"Whatever faggot" The boy rolled his eyes then turned to walk away Nikolai growled lowly before whispering "That's it" I tightened my grip on his hand before he could do anything stupid "Don't Niko. I-it's fine" He closed his eyes and started what we like to call 'calming the beast' Whenever somebody says something bad about me or Niko himself he lashes out on them and they end up nearly dead due to the crazy side of him.

"I'm calm. I'm calm. I'm calm" He whispers more so to himself. Our parents came back and saw Niko in 'calming mode' and questioned what had happened so I typed it out for them and they understood it I'm guessing.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and rubbed his knuckles "It's okay Niko" I whispered to him softly. He laid his head on mine and nodded "It's okay... I'm okay" Nikolai has some anger issues that he needs to work on but I'm helping him with that.

It's kinda like how he encouraged me to start speech therapy again. Of course I don't leave the house to do it but I do it online. It's almost like being homeschooled but I'm learning to talk again.

I closed my eyes to have a small nap before we got on the plane. I laid so my head was in Niko's lap then he whispered something making sure only I could hear it.

"We're okay baby"

,','