9

--Milo--

I ran to the kitchen and hid in the pantry under the lowest shelf since I was small for my age.

I know Nikolai's gonna come looking for me and he did say I was gonna pay.

"Where are you Milo? I know your hiding from me" I hear Nikolai yell. I tried to hold back my giggles so he wouldn't hear me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you Mimi.. Just come out" He yells out again.

Whenever he calls me Mimi I know he serious but he might just be calling me that because he knows it's my weakness.

"Come on Mimi" This time he sounded louder and I could hear his foot steps getting closer.

"If you just come out we can work through this. I'm not gonna hurt you. You can have one side of the living room and I can stay on the other side I swear"

He was really close now I could tell

"Found you" I hear him say before opening the pantry door.

I squeaked quietly as he grabbed my hands and pulled me out.

"I just wanna talk. I want you to tell me about you being able to talk a bit"

I searched his eyes for any sign of this being a trick but he seemed pretty serious about this.

He looked me in the eyes and smiled when I gave in and nodded.

And just as promised I sat on one side of the living room and he sat on the other.

Instead of me having to write a bunch of stuff down he gave me his number so we could just text.

'When I first went mute they said unless I did speech therapy I would never be able to talk again so I did it for a while but then stopped so I'm able to say small words but my mom doesn't know about it yet"

'Oh.. Maybe you should start again then everyone will be able to hear your voice and not just me'

'But I don't think I should talk again. If I talk again I could just mess up and your dad and my mom are already having a baby so me talking isn't gonna help anything Niko'

'You don't know it's not gonna help anything. If you start learning how to talk again then you won't have to worry about taking a notebook everywhere you go'

'I really don't want to Niko. I know you may want me to talk but I just don't want to. I'm always gonna he know as the mute boy anyways'

"Milo look at me"

When I looked up he was starring at me.

"Come over here"

I slowly got up and walked over to him. He pulled me down into his lap and pressed a light kiss to my cheek which surprised me.

"Don't put yourself down like that bub" He whispers grabbing my hands.

"Now I want you to promise me that you will at least try speech therapy"

I looked him in the eyes hen nodded my head slowly and mouthed 'I promise'

He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"I need you to do one thing for me" he pulled away "Say my name 3 times" I gave him a look as if to ask him why.

"Just do I please"

"N-N-Niko"

"N-Niko"

"Niko"

My eyes widened when I didn't stutter.

"I knew it would work" He smiled.

I texted him an he looked down.

'Knew what would work?'

"I did some research on mutism and speech therapy and one of the things said that if you say something 3 or more times if you have a stutter it'll stop"

I smiled then texted him

'You actually did that?'

I rolled my eyes playfully and hugged him even though I know nice Niko won't be a thing for long I guess I need to enjoy it while it lasts.

Hopefully it'll last longer then normal.

,','