26

--Nikolai--

"Niko... U-Up" I heard Milo say followed by a sniffle. I instantly opened my eyes and saw him looking at his phone with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Hey bubba. What's was wrong? What happened?"

"M-mom" He stuttered out handing me his phone. It was a few texts from my dad.

2:45pm

'Your mom had an accident.... We're at the hospital. Stay where you are'

3:15pm

'We're still waiting to see what's going on and waiting for somebody to come check your mom and the baby'

3:30pm

'She miscarried..'

3:45pm

'We'll be back soon....'

I dropped the phone and pulled Milo to me "shh shh it's okay baby. You're okay everything's gonna be okay"

He started sobbing into my chest has he clung onto me like there was no tomorrow "Breathe bubba you gotta breathe" I whisper kissing his forehead softly. He never let go. Even when they got back from the hospital he never let me go.

My dad said he's probably going through a grief state and he's becoming emotionally attached to me and only me.

Everybody's eyes were bloodshot and puffy except mine. I had to hold it together for the sake of Milo...

I didn't want him to see me like that.

All weak and broken.

Only my dad has ever seen me like that when my mom left us.

He pulled me into his arms as I cried. I thought it was my fault that she had left. I thought I wasn't a good enough son.

That's the reason I was so cold hearted before. Losing my mom when I was just 8 years old really messed me up but I'm gonna hold it together for Milo. I'm not gonna let him see me cry anytime soon.

I have to hold it together for my bubba. I'd never forgive myself if I was to make him even sadder then he already was given all the shit I used to do and say to him before.

It's been at least 4 hours since we got the news and were all trying to figure out what we're gonna eat for dinner. Since Milo is stuck to me we definitely can't go to a restaurant cause every time I try to put him down he either cry's till I hold him again or he whines and whimpers.

Our parents were in their room giving us some time alone which only consisted of Milo crying if I sat him down and lots of him pouting and tracing the few tattoos I have on my arms. He hasn't said anything since we got the messages. His last words to me were 'mom' and 'no no no no'

I was looking at the room service menu trying to figure out what I wanted while Milo clung to me like a baby Koala. "What do you want for dinner bubba?" He shrugged and got impossibly closer to me. I sighed "How about some chicken nuggets and mac 'n cheese?" He nodded into my neck letting out a sniffle.

I grabbed my phone and walked over to our parents room to see if they were ready to order. I knocked on the door and heard some shuffling before I came face to face with my dad. "Hey I uh wanted to see if you guys were ready to order?" He nodded and moved so I could walk in the room with Milo. Both my arms were under his butt to hold him up.

"What do you want Niko?"

"I just want a bacon cheeseburger. Milo wants chicken nuggets and mac 'n cheese" He nodded asking trinity what she wanted before calling down to order the food for us. Milo started to wiggle around in my lap once I sat down with him

"What's wrong bubba?" He tried to stop his wiggles but eventually gave up "B-Bathroom" I nodded while trying to hide my smile since he actually said something then walked him over to the bathroom.

For the first time since we got the news he actually allowed me to sit him down. He went into the bathroom and came back out a few minutes later only to be right back in my arms. Soon enough the food cane and we all ate then watched a movie to get all our minds off of everything that happened.

As soon as the movie ended I look over at my dad and Trinity seeing that they were sleep as well as Milo so I made sure we had everything we brought over with us then went back to our room to go to sleep.

I had to wake Milo up so he could change into his pajamas. He surprisingly didn't sleep on my chest like when we took a nap but he was still close by my side holding my hand for comfort.

Every time I closed my eyes I just kept seeing Milo crying alongside our parents. I ended silently crying myself to sleep in order to not wake Milo up. I pulled him to my chest and made sure none of my tears touched him so he wouldn't wake back up and see me crying. I'll never let him see me like this.

I have to be strong for my baby.

,','