6

—Nikolai—

I sighed as I placed Milo on his bed.

He looked so peaceful.

I'm just glad I didn't cause his panic attack this time.

I made sure he was comfortable before leave to go talk to my dad and Trinity.

"What was that all about?" Trinity asks.

"He had a panic attack. For some reason me holding him is the only thing to calm him down" I shrug sitting down.

"I've seen him have panic attacks before and I've tried to help but nothing ever worked. I'm glad your here Nikolai" She smiles ruffling my hair before walking into the kitchen.

I looked back at my dad who had a very stern look on his face.

"What's going on with you two? All of a sudden his panic attacks stop when you hold him?"

"Nothing's going on between us. He had a panic attack the first night we came here and I held him and he calmed down. I really have no idea why"

"Go watch the kid" He says walking past me.

I sighed for the thousandth time today then walked back to Milo's room.

He looked so peaceful sleeping.

His little lips parted ever so lightly looking so kiss- Woah what am I saying?

I hate the kid. I hate his fucking guts.

But now that I think about it he's never really done anything to me for me to hate him so much.

He's a mute freak that can't stand up for himself. My conscience screamed at me

But he's so innocent.

I cant seem to want to hurt him anymore...

He whimpered a little in his sleep then tears started falling down his cheeks.

I somehow let 'soft' Nikolai through and held Milo tightly.

He gripped onto my shirt as his eyes slowly opened and loud sobs fell from his lips.

Before I knew it he had crawled out of my arms and into a corner of his room hugging his knees.

I tried to get closer to him but he only cried harder so I sat on the floor and just watched him.

After a while Trinity came in and saw Milo in the corner she went to touch him and he freaked out pushing her away.

"Niko what's happened?" She asks me.

"I-I don't know. He was asleep then he started whimpering in his sleep then he started crying so I comforted him then he crawled into the corner and every time I try to get closer he just cry's harder" I say

"Um maybe try talking to him. Try to calm him down. I was just coming to tell you guys that your dad and I are going out for a while" She says I nod then move a little closer to Milo.

He looked at me through watery eyes and whimpered a little bit.

"It's okay Mimi I'm not gonna hurt you" I whisper reaching out to graze his hand with my finger tips.

He surprisingly let me.

"Will you let me hold you?" I question softly.

He nodded slowly then un-folded his self.

I opened my arms for him and he crawled into them and rested his head on my shoulder.

I could feel his tears soaking my shirt but I didn't care at this point.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I ask.

He nodded and I handed him my phone.

He typed for a while then handed me the phone back.

'I had a dream about when my dad left. Just this time it was worse. When it actually happened him and my mom just had an argument and he packed his stuff and never turned back.. But in the dream he beat us.. He almost killed my mom..."

"Aw Mimi I'm so sorry"

He looked at me and shrugged as if it say 'its no big deal'

But in my eyes it's a very big deal.

I'm never gonna let him see it but I really care abut him.

Being honest I'm not gonna let anybody know.

He cuddled into my chest a little bit then sniffed me.

"Did you just sniff me?" I question

He nodded softly blushing slightly.

I rolled my eyes then stood up sitting him on one of his bean bags.

I never thought I would be actually talking to him and not calling him names.

It made me feel weird that I wasn't being mean to him for once.

Maybe it's a good thing though.

Its possible something good can come out of me caring for him..

Who knows.
,','