15

--Nikolai--

"Nikolai get down here"

I mentally groaned not wanting to wake Milo.

Being quiet is not something I'm used to but Milo was still laying on my chest.

I had to slowly move him moved him off of me causing him to grab a pillow then I covered him back up and crawled out the bed.

Didn't think it would actually work.

I got to the living room and saw my dad talking to a girl on the couch.

"Oh Niko you remember Lauren right" He asks me and I nod.

"Omg Niko I've missed you so much" She says running to hug me but I didn't hug her back.

She was my first girlfriend in junior high.

I was with her when I figured out I was gay.

"Niko why don't you take her up to your room"

"I can't Milo's asleep"

"Oh I'm sure he won't mind"

"He just went back to sleep so he's not in to deep so he could wake back up"

"Come on Niko. Don't let some boy ruin our fun" Lauren pouts walking her fingers up my arm.

I rolled my eyes then groaned "Fine. But I swear Lauren if you wake him up your leaving"

She giggled trying to grab my hand but I stuffed it in my pocket before she could.

"Did you miss me Niko?"

"Nah not really"

"Can I have a kiss baby?"

"Really Lauren? I'm gay"

"I bet I could change that" She winks.

I rolled my eyes again and sat on my bean bag chair.

Lauren went to sit on Milo's but I pushed her away from it and told her she had to sit on the floor.

We talked for a bit about random stuff till I heard Milo whine.

I got up and walked over to him "What's up bub?" I ask softly.

He grabbed his notebook wrote something then showed it to me.

'I wanna sit on my bean bag but I don't feel like moving... Carry me??"

I shook my head and playfully rolled my eyes with a smile on my face as I carried him to his bean bag chair.

"Better?" He nodded and smiled then frowned slightly just as fast when he saw Lauren.

"Oh Lauren this is Milo. Milo this is Lauren. She's my ex girlfriend"

Had to make that clear to both of them but mostly Lauren.

Milo nodded and waved softly then grabbed his favorite book The Fault In Our Stars.

"So Niko who is he to you?"

"Step-brother"

She smiled the fakest she could then tapped Milo knee.

He looked up at her and tilted his head to the side cutely.

Yeah I said it he did it cutely.

"Why don't you talk?"

I wanted to punch her for being so blunt about it.

"He's mute... Get out"

"But baby I just got here" She pouts it's not even cute when she does it. Milo makes it cute but she doesn't "I don't care I don't even know how the fuck you found me but you need to leave" I say pushing her to the door "Show yourself out bitch" I added before slamming the door in her face.

Milo was looking up at me with wide eyes.

"She was so damn blunt about it" I mumble under my breath sitting back down.

I could see him sending me a message so I grabbed my phone.

'You really didn't need to do that'

'Actually I did. I never said it out loud or anything but I've made a vow to protect you at all costs'

He looked up at me and smiled softly then mouthed 'Thank you Niko'

I grinned and nodded poking his cheek making him giggle

"You giggle is adorable"

He blushed looking down a little bit.

"Just like you" I whisper more so to myself but I'm pretty sure he heard me from the way he looked away.

I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Can you smile for me bubba?" I ask softly. When he looked up at me my heart nearly broke. There was tears running down his rosy cheeks.

"Why are you crying bub?"

He grabbed his phone typed something in then handed me the phone.

'I'm crying because your being so nice to me and I know it's not gonna last long. I know you. You being nice to me now but in a few days maybe even hours you could possibly be bullying me again'

I dropped the phone and pulled his into my lap.

"I swear on everything Milo that's not gonna happen again. I know it has before but it won't happen again I swear"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes like he was saying 'yeah right' then started trying to get out of my lap but I had a firm grip on his waist so he wasn't going anywhere.

"Niko" He whined trying to move my hands.

"What? I'm not letting you go till you believe I'm not gonna be mean to you again. I'm not gonna hurt you and I'll even tell Khalil and Jordan not to mess with you at school. I promise you" I say whispering the last part.

He looked me in the eyes still not believing me.

I did the only thing I knew would work but it was a really idiotic idea.

I kissed him.

And now my life is over because he kissed back.

This is not okay

,','