45-Story

*jens pov*

"Baby- please stop crying." I say to Emme. I got back from work less than an hour ago, and Emme really didn't want Trinity to leave. But I'm stressed because it's Friday and Leah is coming over later. I don't want Emme to be in this mood all day, especially not when Leah is here.

I try and calm Emme down, telling her that she'll see Trinity next week, and that kind of worked. But she got happier when I promised her we could go out for ice cream tomorrow. Thank god.

I get her all cleaned up, then I do her hair because she asked me to. "Hey babe?" I say once I finish. "Yeah?" Emme says, focusing on the tv. "I have a friend coming over in a little. And I just wanted to let you know. Is that okay?" I ask and she turns to me. "Is it Joshy??" She ask and I sigh.

"No, you've never met her. But I promise she's nice." I tell her and she just smiles. "Okay!" She shrugs. I smile and she turns back to the tv.

Minutes go by, then it turns to almost an hour, and the doorbell rings. "I got it!" Emme jumps up and runs over to the door. "Baby- wait." I say since I don't like her answering the door by herself. But it's already too late, Emme opens the door, and Leahs standing there.

Leah looks down at Emme once she realizes a child opened the door, and her face looks kind of...surprised. Emme observes Leah, from her toes, all the way to her face, and Emme keeps a smile on the whole time.

"Hi!" Emme says and I walk over beside Emme. "Hi.." Leah says softly and smiles. "Emme, this is Leah." I say then look at Leah. "Leah...this is Emme." I press my lips and Leah looks at me and then back at Emme.

Leah smiles and tilts her head. "It's nice to meet you, Emme." Leah says, a little more calm. Emme smiles and I tell Leah to come in. "Hi." Leah says to me once I shut the door and Emme runs over to the couch. "Hi baby." I say, really happy that she's here right now.

I never expected Leah to be in my house with my kid. It's just something I never saw happening.

I quickly peck her lips while I know Emme isn't looking, then I take Leah's hand and bring her to the kitchen. "What'd you bring?" I ask since Leah has a bag of food in her hand.

She pulls it out and I grab forks and plates. "Emme c'mere babe." I call out. "I don't know what she likes and doesn't like, so I kind of just winged it." Leah tells me. "That's okay, Emme will eat whatever you put in front of her." I shrug and she nods.

Emme comes over, and I set some food down at the table for her, then I get me and Leah's. We all eat and make a little bit of conversation. "So Emme, how old are you?" Leah asks, putting down her fork. "I just turned 4!" Emme says.

"How old are you?" Emme asks and I sigh since I've tried to tell her not to ask people that question. Leah giggles and looks at me. "I'm a little older than your mom." Leahs says and I smile and look at Emme. "Tell Leah thankyou for the food." I tell Emme.

"Thankyou Leahhh." She says. "Anytime." Leah smiles. Emme gets up, and I expected her to walk over to the couch, but she stops beside Leah and starts to play with Leah's hair. Emme giggles as she lets the curl of Leah's hair bounce in her hand.

"I love your hair." Emme says, continuing to play with it. "Thankyou. I love yours too, did your mom do it?" Leah asks since Emme's hair is up. "Yeah she did. But I'd like it better if it looked like yours." Emme says and my eyes widen and I look at Leah.

Leah giggles with Emme and they both look at me. "Hear that?" Leah says and I roll my eyes. "Yeah yeah." I shake my head and pick up our plates off the table.

"I can get mine." Leah offers. "It's okay." I say and walk over to the sink. I hear Leah and Emme continue to talk and giggle in the kitchen, and I can't help but smile. I walk back in and we all go over to the couch.