44-My Girl

*leahs pov*

It's Monday and even though I should be excited since it's the first day at the new building, I do not wanna be here.

Jennifer has been on my mind every second since I woke up and she wasn't at my house. I was hoping we could both sleep on it then talk that morning, but she was gone.

"You okay?" Devon knocks on the frame of the door to my office and I snap out of my thoughts. "Yeah. Is everyone situated?" I ask since I put Devon in charge of assigning people desks, and just showing everyone around and how things work.

"Yeah it's all good, and everyone seems to be happy." He nods and so do I. "That's good." I say and he just stands there. I look up at him and raise one brow since he obviously wants something.

"You still haven't talked to her..?" He asks hesitantly. "Why is it that you're more involved in Jennifer and I's relationship than I am?" I ask since he's so nosy. "Well honestly you guys don't seem to have much of a relationship right now." He says and comes over and sits in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"It's not like we broke up- we're still together." I say. "Well you guys are on a break." He shrugs. "We're not on a 'break' either." I say and he raises his brows. "We're not." I assure him.

"Mkay.." He sighs. I just look at him and bite my inner cheek. "I mean c'mon Devon. She punched my ex in the face in public, in front of so many important people that I needed to make a good impression on. I don't care much for Hailey, but it was embarrassing." I say.

"I understand. But you're being too harsh. You don't think it was embarrassing for Jennifer when Hailey was literally harassing her. I mean seriously, that girl was basically asking for a punch in the face." He says and I sigh.

"Cut Jennifer some slack." He tilts his head. "I just wanna talk to her." I shrug. "Then talk to her." He says. "I don't think she wants to." I sigh. "Welp, she'll be here tomorrow, do it then." He says and I groan. "I'll try." I say.
"Do it." He points at me once he stands up.

I just roll my eyes and he walks out.

-

"You wanted to see me?" Jennifer says as she walks in. I nod my head yes and tell her to come in. She sits down in front of my desk and just stares at me. I don't know how I could ever stay mad at her for so long.

"Am I here for you to bitch about what I did?" She asks boldly. "Only if you want me to." I say smartly. "I don't." She says unamused.

"I'm not mad at you anymore." I say getting to the point. "Took you long enough." She scoffs. "But you have to understand that what you did was a little out there. I mean- in front of all those people." I say making sure that she gets why I was mad.

"Yeah I know. Maybe if you let me tell my half of the story, then I could've told you that I immediately did feel bad and regretful." She says.

"I wasn't thinking Leah. But that's what it took for her to shut up, so I don't regret it." She says. "I do regret punching her in front of people you and I know, but not the punching part-." She says and I giggle a little.

"Ok. Well I'm sorry I freaked out. I just wanted everything to go okay. And I just didn't know what to think." I say and she just sits there.

"I don't wanna keep doing this with you, Jennifer. I hate how on and off we are." I say. "Can we get over this and try and keep ourselves steady?" I ask. "Ask yourself that." She says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm serious." I tilt my head. She bites her cheek and looks at me. "Of course...You know I want to be with you." She says softly and shrugs.

"And I was pretty bummed that I couldn't give you your gift after the party." She says and I raise one brow. "You got me a gift?" I ask. "You're lookin at it." She says and looks down her body. "Oh-." I say.

Obviously we did plan on having sex after the party. Apparently Jennifer definitely did. But things took a turn.

"I was also sad you couldn't come over the next day." She says a little more serious. "I texted you Jennifer but you never responded." I say. "Well I was pissed. And I figured you were too." She shrugs.

I sigh and look at her. "Well if it makes you feel better, I still want to make all that happen. Meeting Emme....and receiving that gift." I say and eye her down. She giggles and shakes her head.

"Ok.." She nods. "I'm sorry for exploding on you." I apologize. "It's okay." She sighs. "Sorry for beating up your ex.." She says and can't help but smile a little. "I accept your apology." I giggle.

"Now let's just hope that Hailey doesn't sue you." I joke but I'm also serious at the same time. "Oh my god- you don't think she would, do you?" She asks worrisome. "I think you'll be okay." I say and she sighs.

"How do you like your office?" I ask, changing the subject. "Leah you already know I love it." She says. "I'm glad." I say.

"Are you free this weekend?" I ask. "I am." She says. "Well can I change that?" I ask and she smiles a little. "I guess so." She shrugs. "I'll come over after work on Friday." I say and she nods. "Ok, that's fine." She says and stands up.

"I'll let you get back to your work." She says and rests her hands on her thighs. "Ok." I nod. She starts to walk but she stops and walks over to me.

She stops and front of me and leans down in front of my face. She looks in my eyes before slowly kissing me. "I might even let you sleepover.." She says once she pulls away. I smile, hoping she does. Then she walks out.

I really did overreact. Jennifer's my girl, I shouldn't have treated her like I did. She doesn't deserve that.

A/N

Sorry for the short update. I've been at school all week and it is busting my assss. I promise I'll come out with a longer update this weekend. Thanks for all the comments and the votes, I appreciate it💕