23-Too Much

*leahs pov*

I obviously took the hint that Jennifer gave me, and I kissed her. But this time was different than the other times. I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought myself closer to her, then she rested her arms over my shoulders, running her fingers through the back of my hair.

Our lips continue to move in unison, getting deeper with each kiss. It gets slower as we calm down, and she pecks my lips one last time before pulling away. She runs her thumb over my bottom lip and smiles at me. "I like you.." She says softly.

"Well I would hope so." I giggle and so does she. "I like you too." I tell her. "Is that why you were so mean to me in the beginning?" She tilts her head. I scoff and roll my eyes as she giggles. "Don't flatter yourself." I say as she's still smiling.

"You've had a crush on me." She says bravely and I raise one brow. "Now how do y-." I start to say but she cuts me off. "Devon hinted it to me pretty well." She shrugs and my jaw drops. "Oh my god I hate him-." I shake my head. "Don't be mad at him, it was pretty obvious anyway." She says.

"I could tell by the way you looked at me." She says. "You're pushing it." I say and she smiles. "Thanks for taking me out." She says. "Anytime." I say and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"Do you wanna come to my house?" I ask. "I don't know. I have work tomorrow, and so do you missy." She says and pokes me. "I won't be mad at you if you're late." I shrug and she rolls her eyes and giggles. "It really is getting late..." She says.

I let go of her waist and she takes my hand as we walk out of the alley. We make our way back to the restaurant, and we get in my car.

I can tell that the drive back is definitely a lot more comfortable, she was singing along to the music, and just talking about random things. We came across a red light, and she leaned over and kissed my cheek, then my lips once I looked at her, then she sat back down normally, and the light turned green.

We got back to her house, and we both got out so I could walk her in. She opens the door and walks in, then turns to me. "I'll see you tomorrow." She says. "Ok." I nod.

Before I can turn and walk down the steps, she walks in front of me and hugs me. I hug her back, then she pulls away with her arms still around me, and gives me a kiss. "Bye." She says softly, then goes back inside, shutting the door.

I stand on her front porch for a good minute, just smiling. Then I snap out of it, and get in my car.

That date was definitely a success, it would've been better if we could've stayed out later, but she was right, we have work tomorrow.

I drive home and get ready for bed, then I go on my phone. I remember the picture I took of Jen, and I go and look at it, she really does look good in it. She was looking off to the side, and the mural behind her was really pretty.

-

"Yeah, what about you? What'd you do last night?" Devon asks and flips through some book he took off my shelf in my office. "Nothing much, just stayed at home." I lie. "Hm, fun." He says unamused and continues to look at the book.

My office door opens and Jennifer comes in. "Hi." She says to both of us with 2 drinks fe starbucks in her hands. "Hey, how're you?" Devon asks as she shuts the door behind her. "I'm good, you?" She asks and hands him one of the drinks. "Awe, I'm great now that you're here, thankyou!" He says.

"Of course. Here baby." She says to me and hands me the other one. Devon raises one brow at me and I just ignore him. "Thankyou." I smile. "I just got you both a white mocha, I hope that's okay." She says. "As long as it has caffeine." Devon shakes his head and takes another sip. I agree with him and take a sip.