1

--Milo--

"The faggot actually decided to show up."

"This should be fun,"

"Better be ready for a good beating later."

These are all things that are said to me at school on a daily basis.

But, there's one that always hurt more than others:

"Nobody could ever love a mute freak like you, that's why your parents left."

That's been said one too me many times by a boy named Nikolai.

He may be the hottest guy in school but he's a jerk.

But, he's right.. Nobody wants to be friends with me let alone love me so why do I even try.

I was in my room sitting in my reading corner, looking out my window at the snow falling when I heard my mom call me from downstairs.

"Milo, sweetheart, can you come down here please?"

I got up and grabbed my notebook a pen and my favorite hoodie.

When I got downstairs I saw her sitting in the living room with a man that I don't know.

"Hey sweetie! This is Christian, come say hi." She smiles I nodded and walked in to the living room and waved to him.

He smiled "Hey bud," I smiled softly at the nickname.

"My son is in the bathroom, he should be out soon" He nodded going back to talking to Madeline my adopted mother.

I pulled my phone out and texted my only friend, Tatiana.

"Ah there you are. Son this is Milo."

I looked up ready to smile and wave but my heart dropped when I saw who was standing in the doorway.

It was Nikolai.

Nikolai King was in my house

He scoffed and rolled his eyes before sitting next to me.

I just looked down and didn't make eye contact.

"We're going to let you boys get to know each other, if you need anything we'll be in the kitchen." Christian says getting up and following my mom to the kitchen.

"The only think that's gonna get to know each other is my fist and his face," He grumbles under his breath but I was the only one that heard him.

I wrapped my arms around my stomach in a protective manner holding back the tears that are ready to fall from my eyes.

If he's gonna beat me I might as well hold the tears back cause if I don't that'll just make it worse.

"Sucks that they're getting married, I have to live with you now." He groans, making my eyes widen and quickly write something in my book.

'what???????'

He looked at it but only chuckled and had a smirk on his face.

"Oh, they didn't tell you? Yeah.. We're gonna be step-brothers now." He says rolling his eyes.

I got up quickly and ran to my room, locking the door.

I sat in my corner for a while and cried a bit.

After a while I heard a knock on my door, I got up and opened it. I really wish I didn't.

"Your mom told me to come get you, dinner is ready or some shit." He says in a dull tone.

I nodded and grabbed my notebook and pen again.

Then followed him to the dinning-room.

They had a sitting next to each other so he was sending me harsh glares ever chance he got

After we ate I got up and was about to go to my room when my mom stopped me.

"Niko is spending the night so he has to stay in your room since the guest room is being used for storage right now" She says.

I nod sadly and wait for to follow me.

The whole walk to my room I could feel his crystal blue eyes boring into the back of my head.

Almost as if I was his prey or something.

When we got to my room I plopped down on one of my bean bags in my reading corner and watched as the snow continued to fall.

Before I knew it Nikolai was standing in front of me with a smirk on his face.

"Get up fag." He spits with venom dripping from every word.

I slowly stood up then turned to go sit on my bed but he grabbed the back of my shirt stopping me.

"Did I tell you to walk away?" He asks harshly as I whimpered and shook my head no.

"Exactly, I didn't. Now, Lets play a game. Go stand against that wall and I'll try not to punch you in your pathetic little face." He says getting sarcastic at the end.

I did as I was told and stood against the wall as tears rushed down my face.

He hadn't even thrown a punch yet and I was already on the floor in a ball.

I looked up at him through the tears.

He had a slightly sympathetic look on his face.

He leaned down slowly and I was ready for him to punch me or something but he sat down next to me and pulled me into his lap and held me.

All of the name calling and not visible scars and bruises were never apologized for...

Now here we are and he's told me that he's sorry.

This had to have been a dream....

,','