Chapter 18

Taehyung couldn't hear.

No.

He refused to hear.

Everything blurred together like reflections on water. Static in his head. His heart beating loud and clear. He fell to his knees with a thud.

"SEOKJIN CALL 911!"

"ON IT!"

Seokjin patted his pockets rapidly with shaking hands and rang the emergency line.

"It's not an injury.. maybe it's something from within..?"Y/N mumbled.

She quickly checked under Hoseok's shirt and gasped. A dark, ugly, purple hue had spread on his stomach and adorned his skin like fatal poison. Taehyung snapped his head back and stared at the darkened skin. "What is that? Why does it look like that?"

Y/N shook her head helplessly.

Taehyung wanted to cry. Why was hyung hurt? This was hyung. His hyung. Hyung wasn't allowed to leave him alone. Not today. Not ever. Slowly, Taehyung crawled to the body and pulled Hoseok's head into his lap. He rocked his legs and started humming.

Hyung always said he liked my voice. I can sing for hyung until he wakes up. I will wait for him to wake up. He will wake up.

He reached out and slipped a stray brown strand behind Hoseok's ear and caressed his cheek. They were pale. Had they always been that pale? He was sweating so much too.

A single tear slipped from his eyes and fell. Fell right on Hoseok's cheek. The droplet held its shaky shape before running down.

And the tears fell.
And fell.
And fell.

And soon he was sniffling, biting his lips as tears kept spilling and overflowing. His eyes squeezed tight, creating a wrinkle on his nose bridge.

A gentle touch fluttered over his back.

They're soothing me.

It was nice. Not feeling so alone when it seemed like everything was against him. The touch triggered a memory.

...

"It's pitiful how depressing creatures like you are." Eyes with a haunting blue seared through Taehyung. He wanted to run. 'Stay away from this man' his mind screamed.

Hoseok coughed violently behind him.

Taehyung's eyes sharpened. They narrowed on the man. He let his instincts go for a moment and switched. His ears and tail grew out as his teeth enlarged and poked out his mouth. Snarling, Taehyung positioned himself so that his feet were firmly on the ground along with his palms. His shoulders rolled in waves in an attempt to grow his presence. To assert his power. To be the tiger he was meant to be.

It felt right.

Taehyung felt like he could take the world on. The raw, primal instinct gushing through his veins. There was no way this man could even think of holding him down.

He wanted to lunge. To tear out his skin. To rip his limbs apart slowly. Give this insolent man what he deserved for hurting his hyung.

"Kim Taehyung."

His instincts stopped shouting in his head for a moment. He looked back. Hoseok was so weak and so powerless and so very fragile yet what was he doing? Why was he staring at him like that? Was he mad?