Chapter 72. Thank You

Start from the beginning

In the end, his stomach was more important than his friend's well-being. Gabriel could only light a candle and pray Misha wouldn't traumatize him.

"Then what about bread...?"

"Gabriel also ate the last slice this morning."

"..." Stephan's mouth twitched. "So, what's that?"

Misha eyed the bread on the counter, and without so much as a change in his expression, he said, "Something that looks like bread but isn't."

"I'm begging you here! Have some mercy!" Stephan cried out.

He was about to lose it and snatch the bread whether he had received the permission or not! The fire in his throat was killing him, and his tongue was so numb that he could barely move it and talk. Even his ears felt hot and humid, as if they were about to emit smoke.

"Sure. If you become my slave for the rest of the day, I'll help you out!"

"Fine, fine! Anything you want! Just give me a slice of bread, please!" Stephan readily agreed, happily throwing his pride in the trash if it could put an end to his misery.

Satisfied with Stephan's answer, Misha didn't continue to make things difficult and even gave him the whole bread. He then reminded him with a broad smile, "Don't overeat. There's still dinner tonight."

Stephan gulped at those words, almost choking on the bread he was wolfing down. Strangely enough, he wasn't looking forward to dinner, even wondering if he shouldn't just go on a hunger strike—he didn't want to die young!

"Don't give me that look!" Misha snorted. "Also, you're in charge of cutting the onions and peeling the potatoes."

"Ha? But I'm a guest!"

"No, you're my slave!"

"..."

He did agree to be his slave, didn't he?

Not knowing what to do, Stephan looked at his friends with pleading eyes. However, he quickly learned that his friends were heartless; they both pretended not to know him and fled to the living room, leaving him with no choice but to help the boy prepare the dinner.

It resulted in him cutting his fingers every time he wielded the knife, bloodying the table and the cutting board.

"..."

After Stephan injured himself for the nth time, Misha couldn't stand it anymore and kicked him out of the kitchen. Although he wanted to take revenge on his ex-boss, it wasn't to the point where he wished for him to lose his fingers.

"Even babies are more useful than you!" Misha spat out, throwing a disdainful glance at the teenager.

Stephan, who had hidden behind Gabriel as soon as he entered the living room, replied with a pout, "How come? Those things only know how to cry and poop!"

"They are at least cute, unlike you!" Misha hmphed before shifting his attention to Gabriel, rudely pointing to Stephan, whose head popped out from behind the young man. "And Gabriel! When are you going to treat that guy's wounds? If I find a trace of blood in the house, regardless of how small it is, I swear you're going to sleep in the garage tonight!"

Gabriel's mouth twitched. 'Sure enough, here comes the collateral damage,' he thought, smiling coldly at his friend before gripping his wrist, lifting it so that the blood wouldn't drip on the wooden floor. He then dragged Stephan to the first-floor bathroom.

Misha observed them disappear behind the bathroom door with squinted eyes. Only after hearing the tap running did he nod, satisfied. But unknown to him, a small, amused smile stretched his lips. Seeing this, Masha couldn't restrain herself anymore and burst out laughing.