Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The fae know who the gatekeepers are. It made so much sense and all the puzzle pieces fit together. That was why the two humans were so special, that was why they dreamt about the place. It was them who were supposed to stop the darkness which was Nero from spreading amongst the humans. They still had hundreds of questions they would like answers to but the number had been reduced from thousands.

"Do we have to go and get them?" Laylian asked worriedly as she stood up and started to pace. She trusted Addamak, she did . She wasn't sure of his abilities and whether he would be able to defend the twins from Nero or any other real dangers which would threaten them.

"They just went to the hospital, they'll be back-" Sylvester was interrupted by two people falling on the floor. "-see?" Kelso and Tyrell scurried to their feet so that they weren't in the stepping range of Addamak who followed them through the portal . As soon as the two were on their feet they were met with hugs from their significant others.

"Is she alright?" Laylian whispered to Kelso softly, she got an answer only by feeling Kelso wrap her arms tighter around Laylian's waist. It wasn't' the answer that Laylian wanted but she knew that she had to be there to support Kelso and Tyrell. She hated the fact that she couldn't do more. Though her self-hatred was nothing in comparison to Sylvesters.

Sylvester was mentally bullying himself practically every moment since he found out that it was a dark fae who had done this to Hazel. Hazel was one of the first motherly figures that Sylvester had in his life. She taught him so many life lessons even if they'd only known each other a small while. Hazel had made a grand difference in not only how Sylvester saw the world but in how he saw himself.

He knew that he shouldn't blame himself for what another dark fae had done, just like a human shouldnt' take responsibility for what another human has done. It would be foolish of him to think it was in any way his fault. He supposed he was that then, a fool. He knew he held the same powers as Nero did. He knew he had the potential to do that to anyone, he knew he would never want to. The fact that there is the possibility which he could terrified him.

Instead of Sylvester comforting Tyrell they both comforted each other. Tyrell could tell that Sylvester was holding something back which he wouldn't say in front of the fae. He didn't quite understand but he would try to , for Sylvester's sake. "She's stable still...though nothing happened when we were there." Tyrell couldn't help the hopelessness which laced his voice.

"I'm sure it will work out dear." Laidra said softly. "Your nanna seems like a strong and loving woman. I'm sure that she will recover." There were other methods which they could use, though neither her or Addafor were going to mention that. They didn't want to worry the twins even more so then they're going to be worried from the news they were about to share. "Please take a seat." Laidra stood up from the table. "I am going to get some warm beverages."

Of course she was stalling, she had no clue how the twins were going to react to the situation. She guessed that they were used to a little bit of weird. The amount of pressure that they are going to have on their shoulders after this conversation is going to be something that she wouldn't wish on herself, nevermind two young humans.

Tyrell and Kelso were a little bit caught up in their emotions , not enough that they missed the fact that everyone was behaving strangely. There was a lack of talking between the younger fae and the adults seemed to look at anything else in the room except for them. Now that Laidra left it sort of made sense. The twins were curious about the entire situation between the two brothers but decided not to mention anything.

"Have you found anything?" Kelso asked Laylian , she was the one who had the book in front of her. "Anything new i mean..." The sadness was still clear in her voice and expression. Seeing Hazel was heartbreaking for her, she still had the image in her mind. Laylian's mouth had become dry as she stuttered over her words.

"Well...yes we've found something rather interesting and useful." She said no more on the matter in hopes Kelso wouldn't question it yet.

"Neither of those words were positive..." Kelso grimaced a little bit and hummed. She didn't like the idea. Tyrell was paying attention to the conversation and nodded as well. Neither of them were up for any bad news that day. They'd already had enough and they were rather shattered.

"Do we want to know?"Tyrell asked , extremely tempted to put his head on the table and fall asleep. He just couldn't be bothered with anything and was looking forward to a warm drink before falling asleep. He knew that they had things to do before then. Even if it wasn't said aloud , He knew that they would be going to the place again. It seemed like the human dimension was in far worse of a state then they had previously realized.

"You have to know...though i'm not sure if you would want to know." Landso announced when nobody else answered. "I would personally not like to know myself but i'm sure the consequences of not knowing would be more undesirable." With each word he said the twins were getting more and more anxious.

"Well then what is it?"The twins said in unison as Laidra re-entered . She sighed as she entered and the twins asked the question. She had hoped it would take a little bit longer for them to realise that there was something off. She hoped to have at least a cup of tea with themb efore the pressure and stress consumed them. '

"Well...are you sure you want to know? It would be a lot less-" The argument of Laidra grew silent. She knew it was unavoidable. "Well...you know how we didn't know who the guardians are? That they're important and their purpose was to stop the darkness?" She waited for the twins to nod in confirmation . "well...we figured it out...well we read it and then we - you are the guardians."