It was like my brain blanked out.

It was like I was fifteen again.

That was not a good feeling.

That was not what one would call a good sign.

The moment the door closed, Stefan barged in from the bathroom door.

"Thank you for demolishing my already dashing image in front of your parents." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I am sorry, I needed a better plan." I mumbled.

"Better plan!?" I looked Stefan with a puzzled expression. "Are you kidding me?" Stefan scoffed and sat down on the chair by the bed.

"Look," Stefan put a hand on his head and took a deep breath. "All you need to do right now is rest."

Before I could protest, he raised a finger and gave me a steel look.

"And I am not supporting you in any of your adventures anymore. You are going to stay right here and heal!"

Stefan got up, muttered something along the lines of "what was I thinking?" And left the room too.

I stared at his broad back in annoyance and huffed haughtily.

Joe texted me that he would not be able to visit for a few hours as he has an appointment and added that it would be better if I stayed in the hospital for a while. He had to go as far and say Think before acting!

I pursed my lips and left the message on read.

I realised that he was right. And Stefan was right. I hated the right side of things from time to time. Makes me want to ignore it altogether. It's called being human. I sighed.

My phone dinged again. I saw a message from Dr Green.

I heard you fell.

I pursed my lips at the weird message. But that's how she is. She'll text you something that would prompt you enough to call her. She hates texting. If that wasn't clear by her texts. I decided to play with her a little.

Yeah, deeply.

Her reply was prompt for someone who doesn't approve much of phones.

Pardon?

My lips curved up a bit as I contemplated sending her a sarcastic remark in turn.

Yeah, I can't believe I ever could.

Typing...

You can't believe that you fell a flight of stairs?

I smirked and imagined her puzzled face, with her eyebrows knitted and one eyebrow raised.

I have a swirl of emotions swarming in. Can't talk rn.

I sighed and put the phone back to its place on the table on the bedside. I couldn't even joke right now. That's how pathetic I felt.

I knew it!

As soon as I glanced at my phone screen, I saw the text from Dr Green. I wetted my lips and contemplated asking what did she mean by that last text. But I let it go and shuffled back into my covers to take a nap.

I sighed into my pillow and rested my body in a position that wouldn't hurt any of my injuries.

My eyes closed. I found myself tired enough to doze in a blink.

And then I regretted closing them in the first place.

Visions.

Heartbeat on max.

My head started pounding from all the force that I was putting on myself to stop it. Struggling to confront. My thoughts threatening to consume me, to swallow me whole. To pick a bright spot and turn it dark. I was in a constant battle to not let the dark feelings rack my brain. To not let the paralysing terror seize me. I let out a huge puff of air through my lips and tried to squeeze out the intensity of pain.

The unwanted thoughts came swirling in and made my stomach churn in revulsion. I put my hand on my mouth and wailed into it. The tears spitted out and my chest tightened in pain. I pulled the blanket closer to me and cried my tears away into it. Trying to stop them. Stop these damn tears. Stop these feelings. Stop this all. I just wanted to be done. I just wanted to get away with this. Before this gets too much.

The pain only got tighter and my head heavier. Before I knew it, I was gasping for breath and crying in pain. Incapable to decide what to do.

I whimpered as I squeezed my eyes shut and forced the tears back in.

Perhaps it was better to be in a coma after all.

***

A/n: It's funny how the last chapter's name was hiding. And this chapter's is caught. It's like both of them are playing hide and seek...from life.

I tend to get deep, don't I?

~Ria

***Please consider voting ⭐️ if you liked this chapter!***