sewentien ;

The pair finally arrived at the river mouth - Jake didn't have particular expectations, but Sunghoon really wanted to spend the day there together, so he withstood it. Sunghoon still held his waist bravely, and Jake was sure he hadn't seen anyone walk around. The arrived at a cliff-like edge to the land, the river flowing beside them in a four-metre deep trough in the land. Across the trough was a bridge to keep them safe, and they walked forward onto it to greet the ocean before them.

"That's quite a drop," Jake hummed, looking over the edge of the land. It wasn't a sheer drop - there was about a metre of slanted land before the sediments crumbled apart, making a straight drop into the slow flowing water of the river.

"It's not too far down," Sunghoon drowned. "If anything, just the fact that there isn't much water to save you would hurt." He let go of Jake's waist, taking his hand and intertwining their fingers. "We should make a wish now."

"Wish? For what?"

"Anything that your heart desires," Sunghoon replied, closing his eyes. Jake was soundless before shutting his eyes as well. What would he wish for? Riches? A successful well-being in the future? His family's happiness? He was unsure, and conversed with Sunghoon with their hearts.

What do I wish for?

Anything.

What are you wishing for?

For me to fully trust you one day, and not hesitate to tell you how I feel.

Jake inhaled sharply, finally making his wish. He wished for Sunghoon's happiness - for Sunghoon to smile a bit more often and for him to never have hardships. He wanted Sunghoon to be able to talk with him without hesitance, and open up about his troubles, struggles and suffering.

He wished for Sunghoon to be warm.

"I hope my wish comes true," Sunghoon said as he opened his eyes. "I want to stay with you forever and ever, Jake. Just you and I."

Jake smiled, putting his head on Sunghoon's shoulder. "I hope we'll stay together, and you'll always be happy with me."

Sunghoon and Jake turned to one another, warm smiles on their lips and love in their gazes. Jake was in love, and Sunghoon was madly in love. He hoped they stayed that way forever in each other's arms, warmth and love surrounding them each day. He wanted to feel that overwhelming feeling of sheer joy and love each snd every time he looked at Sunghoon.

Jake hoped it never faded.

"You still never told me what you were doing on the rocks on the day we met," Jake said, turning to face the pacific body of water before them. "You were soaked wet too. I was worried."

Sunghoon was quiet before shaking his head. "It relates to the accident and I'm not ready to speak about it just yet." He looked at Jake, a small smile decorating his handsome features. "I'll explain everything at some point, my love. I know I'm not the easiest book to read, but I'll open up soon. Just... not right now."

"It's fine, Sunghoon - I understand," Jake smiled, putting his head on Sunghoon's shoulder. "I'm not trying to force anything out of you. Take your time. I promise, I'll wait."

"Had it not been for you seeing me on that edge, I probably wouldn't be here right now."

Jake didn't know what to say.

Their trudging through across the coastline of their little neighbourhood lasted for most of the morning before they eventually grew hungry and decided to go back home for lunch. They ordered tteokbokki and fried chicken - a typical Korean lunch when you don't know what to eat. By the time they got home, the food would most likely be there already.

"So for the past few years," Jake began, "you lived all alone in that cold, dreary home?"

"I did," Sunghoon nodded with a sigh. "I enjoyed the independence, but not the loneliness. I wanted company. But you arrived, and everything just fell right into place."

"I'm surprised your family would just let you go," Jake hummed in thought. "My family would put up an entire fight about how I'm still their baby. They'd probably make Hyuna noona live with me too, so I'd never be able to truly be independent."

"But what if we live together?" Sunghoon asked, turning to the shorter boy. "It's not too far from your parents' home, so living with me could be possible. I mean, it doesn't have to be immediate, but... I'd like to live together one day."

Jake smiled, looking down at the passing footsteps. "Yeah. One day. Right now, we're still kids. Making big decisions like that can wait a bit longer."

"I'm scared to make big decisions too, you know." Sunghoon suddenly stepped in front of Jake, a smile on his face as Jake stopped right in his tracks. "But as long as I have Prince Jake, my fair love, of Samu-gil, I know I'll be able to get through the hard days. As long as I have you by my side, I'll be okay."

Jake giggled, putting his head on Sunghoon's shoulder. "Shush, I'm not a prince - you are." He turned his head, gently kissing Sunghoon's cheek with extreme gentleness and sweetness. "My prince."

Sunghoon smiled, leaning forward to put their foreheads together. Jake smiled brightly, a soft giggle passing his lips. "I hope to be your Prince for years to come. I hope that, together... I can be fixed. I want to be better. A lot say 'I would die for you' or some cheesy stuff like that, but... I'll live. I'll live for you, Jake. I'll continue through pain and suffering if it means I can be with you." Tears formed in his eyes as Jake let him talk out all the heaviness in his chest. "You make me happy, Jake. You make me want to live. I've never felt this way before. And I'm glad you're here to make me feel that way."

Jake wiped Sunghoon's tears away, a soft smile on his lips. "Don't ever let go of me, okay? I'll know when something's wrong. You're smiling, but I know there's still something wrong." Sunghoon sighed softly as he looked down. "Hey. It's okay. Take your time. I'll wait for you, Sunghoon. I'll always wait for you. I love you."

And the black-haired boy smiled away, his eyes brightening significantly. "I love you too."

Those statements, while premature and temporary, were enough to make Sunghoon feel some form of warmth. It was warmth he could never experience with his family. His cold, frozen heart was thawed by the brunette boy in front of him. Jake was his cure to sadness - his love, his warmth.

Oh, how Sunghoon loved him.

a song of ice and fire // jakehoonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara