ses en twinting ;

[ okay, just a little forewarning — Jake and Sunghoon get a little 🔥 here, but nothing intense happens, don't worry. They're barely older than me, so it actually feels weird to write something like that, anyways. Enjoy, though! ;D ]

With their heightened emotions from Sunghoon's heart opening, Jake wanted to comfort him as best as he could. He could feel it in his heart that Sunghoon needed as much love as Jake could give, and he'd gladly give him that love. Jake gently pressed their lips together, and those heightened mess of emotions faded into a more controlled mess of deep passion and love. Jake didn't want Sunghoon to hurt any longer, and needed to distract him.

It seemed to work, and Sunghoon seemed to relax under Jake's touch. The Australian boy had a hand against the side of Sunghoon's neck, gently holding him in place as they kissed one another with such warmth and gentleness. Jake knew Sunghoon was more fragile than he allowed others to know, so he treated the black-haired boy with utmost care, as if he was made of glass and could shatter at any moment.

However, Sunghoon's physical desires differed from his emotional desired. He tugged Jake forward by his waist, making Jake kneel and inch closer on his knees. Sunghoon had one hand on Jake's waist, his fingers clenching his white T-shirt rather tightly. Not once did their lips part, except for the occasional need to breathe properly.

Sunghoon muttered something against Jake's lips, but it seemed too incoherent for either of them to care. Sunghoon was afraid to voice his desires, and instead spoke through their hearts when his words failed him.

Is this okay?

We won't go too far.

But what if we do…?

We won't, my ice prince.

Then let me love you like this.

And Jake trusted him.

Sunghoon moved his body so that he sat against the wall and Jake sat upon his lap, still facing him with his legs on either side of the ravenette boy. They were careful to avoid unnecessary touches that would arouse emotions within them that they trusted the other not to feel. Sunghoon knew Mr Sim would not hesitate to kick him out if he found out he and Jake did something unmentionable.

Jake tilted his head expertly as Sunghoon swiftly forced the tongues to fight one another, winning in a mere few seconds. Sunghoon held his waist with both hands this time, pulling close enough to feel more body heat than he thought was possible in that position. Jake had both arms around Sunghoon's neck, keeping him at a comfortable distance.

Jake felt Sunghoon gently nip at his bottom lip and he flinched slightly. He slightly opened his mouth, allowing Sunghoon to explore even further. His body was rushing as his heart pumped harshly in his chest — he felt as if he was about to die. They had never made out to that extent before, and it still felt like they could comfortably go further.

So Sunghoon went further. He lifted Jake's shirt ever so slightly, his cold hands gripping on Jake's much warmer skin. Jake gasped slightly, releasing a soft whimper as Sunghoon gently stroked his skin with his thumb. Jake, who was terribly ticklish, pulled away almost immediately. He shook his head, holding Sunghoon's hand quickly to stop further movement. "No…"

"No?"

"Mm-hm."

"Okay, I'll be more careful." Sunghoon removed his hands from under his T-shirt and messily placed their lips together again. Jake felt every ounce of Sunghoon's restrained desire. He knew Sunghoon wanted more. He knew that they could do more. But he wanted to savour that desire, that desperate neediness for more, and pulled from the kiss. Sunghoon's expression was one of immense disappointment, but Jake didn't want to go further. He wasn't comfortable with it, and Sunghoon sensed it, so he accepted the turn of event quickly.

"Thank you for trusting me," Sunghoon muttered, gently putting a hand to Jake's neck. "Wow… you look absolutely gorgeous right now."

Jake's eyes were dazed as he still felt high from all the serotonin and dopamine flowing through him. He shook his head, leaning into Sunghoon's touch. "You're more beautiful."

Sunghoon shook his head. "No. There's no greater beauty than trust. One day, I hope I get trusted with more time — and hopefully more surface area."

Jake smiled softly, putting their foreheads together. "One day. Just… wait a little bit longer. Let's keep that trust going, and I promise, we'll really love another. Physically, mentally and emotionally. I love you so much, Sunghoon, and I really hope we can stay together forever."

Sunghoon felt his stomach sink for some reason, but Jake was probably just feeling anxious about eventually letting Sunghoon touch him wherever he could one day. They were still kids, and maybe those promises were a little premature, but Sunghoon hoped to have that kind of love and trust.

Provided that Jake would still be around, of course.

"Jake! Sunghoon! Come pack away the dishes!"

Jake lied awake later that night, his heart slightly heavy. He got an e-mail from the new family doctor earlier that day, stating that he had an appointment the next week. He hated going to the doctor. Nothing good came out of sudden appointments. He needed to calm his nerves, so he stood up and proceeded to make his way to the kitchen, where he managed to catch his mother reading on her iPad.

"Mom," Jake muttered, widening his eyes. "Why are you still up?"

"Oh, your father is snoring again, so I decided to catch up on some reading," Mrs Sim smiled, inviting her son to sit beside her. "I see that Dr Choi has contacted you already."

Jake sighed heavily as he sat down beside her. "I haven't told Sunghoon yet."

"Oh, sweetie, it would take some time," Mrs Sim nodded, "but he's your soulmate. He deserves to know. Sunghoon has a gentle heart and he's grown warmer since meeting you, and I'm sure he deserves to know. You're much healthier now, so the appointment shouldn't be a problem, too. I'm sure the pilates helped."

"But what if I go on that stupid medication again?" Jake asked suddenly. "Mom, I'm not dying. Right? I'm fine. I've been fine for a while. So what's the problem?"

Mrs Sim saw how her son's eyes glossed over with tears and felt her heart break in two. She sighed softly, pushing her hair behind her ear. "You'll be with Sunghoon forever, my child. I guarantee it. I'll make sure you get through this."

Jake hoped that he'd be able to keep those promises he made to Sunghoon. The last thing he wanted was to let him down. Mrs Sim nodded slightly, leaning forward and kissing her son's forehead.

"You're going to live, Jaeyoon. I promise."