sewe en dertig ;

"Happy birthday to you~!"

Loud cheering commenced as Sunghoon made a wish and proceeded to blow out the candles on the cake. The cheering grew louder and Hyuna put down the cake, clapping her hands together and then moving to stand beside her soulmate.

"Speech, speech, speech," Mrs Sim urged excitedly. Sunghoon put a hand against his eyes in embarrassment as he laughed slightly.

"Just a couple words will be fine," Mr Sim nodded. Jake clenched his fist, whispering a soft 'fighting' before he giggled.

"Okay, I'll say something," Sunghoon began with a smile. "Uhm... these past few weeks have been the best weeks of my life. Being here, with the Sim family, has brought be so much happiness. I hope to always experience this happiness with everyone here again - especially with Jake. Thank you for this."

"Aww," Sunoo cooed, making everyone laugh as they clapped their hands.

"Let's nove to the living room to open gifts," Hyuna said excitedly. "We can cut the cake there too."

Jake smiled mischievously as he walked around the table, sticking his finger carefully into the cream of the cake and lifted some of it. Sunghoon was about to talk, but his words stopped when he felt Jake's finger against his cheek, pressing the cream against his skin. Jake laughed and quickly ran off before Sunghoon could get revenge.

"Just you wait, Sim Jaeyoon," Sunghoon declared dramatically before laughing.

"Wait, Polaroid photo!" Hyuna exclaimed, suddenly running up the stairs. Sunghoon sat on a double couch with Jake and Mrs Sim. Mr Sim sat alone, smiling all the while at the birthday boy. Hyuna, Jay and Niki sat on the second double couch, while Sunoo sat on the carpet by Niki's legs.

"This is the first birthday I spend with people in almost 3 years," Sunghoon suddenly said, fixing his cat ears headband as it felt weird behind his ears. "Thank you for making today so special."

Hyuna scurried down the stairs, the Polaroid camera tucked under her fingers neatly. "Everyone get to one couch so that we can take the group Polaroid first. Then I'll take two for the couple, then Mom and Dad, and then Sunghoon and I. Okay? Thereafter, we can take regular photos."

Jake stayed seated beside Sunghoon, putting his head on his shoulder while the Korean held the cake at chest level. Everyone else gathered around the couch, but Niki suddenly offered to take the photo since he and Sunghoon weren't very close and Hyuna was more desired to be in the photo. With some polite complaints, Hyuna eventually joined them.

Jake looked at his boyfriend, a smile on his lips. "Happy birthday, ice boy."

Sunghoon smiled softly. "This is the best birthday ever, because I get to spend it with you."

"Three, two... one!"

It was almost 11pm when all the excitement in the Sim household eventually died down leaving a pleasent warmth around the house due to the celebrations. Sunghoon felt warmth in his stomach as his smile just wouldn't disappear. He hadn't felt such happiness in a long time, and he was glad that joyful time was spent with his dear soulmate, Jake.

Jake joined his side after some minutes, and he was visibly nervous. Sunghoon didn't pick it up at first, but he soon noticed that Jake's behaviour was slightly jittery and shaky, but even from where he was, it didn't seem serious. Jake lied beside him, resting his head on Sunghoon's chest.

"Did you open the gift from your parents?" Jake asked softly, earning a nod from the other. "Really? What was it?"

"Rolex," Sunghoon replied. "My father bought it, but my mother thought of it. Yeji then thought of the model, and they bought it. It's on your desk, I'll show you in the morning."

Jake hummed in response - he felt slightly disappointed, since his gift for Sunghoon would only arrive the following week. He sat up from the bed, and Sunghoon got the idea to follow suit almost immediately and lifted himself from the slightly warmed duvet.

"Sunghoon," Jake began softly, "remember when you said you want to love me to the point where you could... uhm... kiss more than my lips?"

Sunghoon rose an eyebrow just as Jake finished his question. "Yes...? Why?"

Jake held his hands together in front of him, his cheeks tinting the softest red as he blushed nervously. "Uhm... w-well, I was thinking, uhm... since it's your birthday, w-we can get rid of the boundary... f-for now..."

Jake still couldn't meet his eyes - he was too embarrassed. Sunghoon was quiet, not really knowing what to say. Jake's words finally settled in his mind, and his heart thumped wildly in his chest. "Jake, are you sure? I don't even think I'm up for that."

"We don't have to go that far," Jake said quickly, finally meeting his soulmate's eyes. "It doesn't have to go that far. But... go as far as you want. I've been thinking about it for a couple days, actually, so I got accustomed to the idea of going a few steps further, so... l-let's do it." He bit his bottom lip nervously, reaching forward to hold Sunghoon's hands. "Let's go a bit further tonight. Don't worry, I'll be fine. I just hope that this doesn't, I don't know, creep you out-"

"No, no, no." Sunghoon's cheeks were burning slightly as he looked away. "Let's do it."

Jake's body tensed ever so slightly as Sunghoon tugged him forward, their lips placed together after some seconds of suspense. The kiss was shy, as if it were their first, but with that kiss came more confidence. Sunghoon tilted his head slightly before pressing his tongue past Jake's plump lips and creating a little fight.

Jake's hand went up to Sunghoon's head, raking his fingers through his dark black locks before he pulled away to let Sunghoon sit against the wall. Jake seated himself on his lap while facing him, pressing their lips together in another mess of heat and passion - something they had definitely experienced before. But this time, there was a different heat.

The slightest heat of licentiousness.

And Jake wondered how far Sunghoon would push the boundary that night, and how far they'd go in general - but no matter what, he knew he was bound to enjoy himself.

[ lol weird question (i feel like I'm going to get shot through my window for even considering this) but are you guys comfortable with a smut? Or should I just continue with the plot and imply that they've done the deed and create a smut chapter at the end of the book? Vote below: ]

• smut immediately 🔞 (nasties only)

• no smut at all (pure people only)

• no smut, but imply (no written chapter at all) (for the slightly pure babies)

• no smut, imply and write the chapter at the end of the book

[ Thanks for reading thus far! I always check the comments for this book, since it's one of the only books I'm still updating. Rest assured, I've seen every comment for this book lol. Sorry if I haven't replied, I'm literally too lazy :/ once again, thanks for reading! ]

[ - ERICVERSE ]