sestien ;

The morning arrived, and Jake was the first to awaken. The faint winter light of the morning gently touched his skin, awakening him from his slumber. Jake sat up, staring out in the distance as he blanked out. He slowly grew aware of his surroundings and yawned, scratching his messy hair and barely succeeding in pushing it out his face.

Jake stood up eventually, the need to use the bathroom greater than the need to stay under the warm blankets, and walked out the guest bedroom. He sighed softly, looking down the left and then the right of the corridor — he had no idea where the bathroom was from that point. The manor was huge, and there was probably more than enough bathrooms, but Jake was too tired to think.

"Okay, I'm on the second floor…" Jake muttered looking around himself, "… so that means it should be to the left."

He then proceeded to walk the complete opposite direction. Jake trudged down the corridor, pushing a door open immediately. He frowned deeply to himself, wondering how he had ended up in Sunghoon's room. Sunghoon raised his head from the pillow, his hair just as big a mess as Jake's.

"You're awake," Jake muttered, walking towards him. Sunghoon hummed and Jake plopped onto the bed, resting his head on Sunghoon's legs. "I have a feeling that you need some warmth after sleeping alone."

"Come up here." Jake crawled further up the bed, getting under the duvet and invading Sunghoon's space. Sunghoon held his waist and the cuddled together under the duvet. Jake's warmth enveloped them both, making the slightly younger boy smile fondly. "Did you sleep well, baby?"

"I did," Jake muttered, "but I'm sure it would've been better if I slept with you. Not in that way, but it would've been better with you."

Sunghoon smiled softly, drawing Jake even closer. "It really would've. But privacy still matters right now, and I don't want to breach your privacy just yet."

"Just yet?"

"We're still so young, Jake. Let's take our time." Sunghoon sighed softly. "It'll take time before we can be as lovers. We're still… strangers, but as time passes, I'm sure we'll be even closer."

Jake smiled, turning around and putting one arm on Sunghoon's neck. They faced one another, their faces mere centimeters apart. "I'm scared, Sunghoon. Scared I'll lose you."

"But let's just try." Sunghoon raked a hand through Jake's hair gently. "Let's try to love. Love as much as we can. Love as if we've never loved before, Jake. Love as if we're definitely going to live until we're 100 years old."

Jake smiled gently, moving forward slightly to kiss Sunghoon's forehead. "I'll love you until the end of my days, Park Sunghoon." They stared at ome another for a bit before Jake smiled brightly, sitting up from the bed. "We should get ready for our date. Where's the bathroom — I forgot where it is."

"… You forgot… where the bathroom is? Jeez, Jake…"

The early winter wind whipped around them, making this day not one of the most ideal days for a date. But they found the heat between them to be more than substantial enough to keep them warm. Jake smiled brightly, bumping into Sunghoon's side with a little giggle.

"Ah, it's cold," Sunghoon muttered, smiling as well. The sky was covered with clouds, a slight grey tinge overtaking their vision. However, it didn't look like it would rain. The wind blew a bit more violently than they expected, but it was sril lgood enough weather.

"My hair is a mess," Jake said, more giggles escaping him. "Ah, today is a good day — isn't it, Sunghoon?" Sunghoon nodded, drawing Jake closer by his waist and resting his hand inside Jake's coat pocket. "You're being brave today, huh? What if someone sees us?"

"No one will see us," Sunghoon said with a dismissive scoff. "No one wanders around here. They're too rich to just take walks around. The area is pretty much barren, especially so early in the day." He then looked at Jake with a smile. "Besides, we're soulmates. It'll be rude to not accept us."

"Where are we going, anyways?" Jake asked, turning to the boy beside him. "Are we just walking around the neighbourhood?"

"Something like that," the taller hummed thoughtfully. "We're taking the long way, but I want to show you the river mouth. I mean, it's too late to watch the sunrise — and the clouds are in the way, anyways — but we can still make wishes to get closer, huh?"

"Can we go to Hyeonmae-myeon with the train afterwards? I haven't seen the city in a bit," Jake hummed, turning to face the street before them. He shuvered slightly due to the cold, so Sunghoon drew him closer.

"Maybe next time, because I don't have money with me right now," Sunghoon replied. "Our next date can be in the city, if that's okay. For now, let's just enjoy this day together."

Jake was excited to spend all day with Sunghoon — it was the first time that they'd spend time alone like this. The day when his mother and sister went out together didn't really count as a date, in his opinion. An organised day of events and just spending time together was what Jake called a date.

He was happy to be with Sunghoon — his soulmate.

"What was the accident, by the way?" Jake asked carefully, just in case the subject was sensitive. Sunghoon tensed up slightly and Jake knew he made a mistake. "A-ah, sorry, I don't think we should talk about it just yet if you don't want to…"

"To be honest, I don't want to speak about it," Sunghoon muttered, "but I feel like… because I didn't want to talk about it, I hurt myself and broke down. Maybe not right now, but one day, we can talk about the accident."

Jake didn't find the idea of talking about accidents very appealing, but they had to speak about their problems at some point. Jake wanted to wholeheartedly earn Sunghoon's trust so that they could be closer and love without hesitance. Sunghoon clearly still had trust issues — he had every right to, too — and Jake didn't want to make him uncomfortable. They'd be able to talk it through one day, and Jake was willing to wait.

He'd do anything for his soulmate.