twee en twintig ;

Sunghoon loved how Jake looked when he woke up. His expression was one of comfort, sweetness and gentle warmth. It was early in the morning — barely 9am. It was an unfamiliar time for them to wake up, especially for a casual Saturday. Sunghoon was used to waking up on his schedule, but these days, he always woke up a bit before Jake. It was like a natural timer. He sat up, ruffling his messy hair and doing his best to press it down. Unfortunately, it barely worked and his hair remained a mess.

As expected, Jake slowly opened his eyes. He still looked dazed and confused, closing his eyes again as he blew a sigh out his nose. Sunghoon chucklef, putting his head on Jake's shoulder. "Prince Jakey of Gwangwon province, it's time to wake up."

"Five more minutes…" Jake muttered, pulking the duvet cover over himself. Sunghoon held the sheets so that Jake couldn't move, making him whine in complaint. He tossed the blanket off Jake, lifting himself to roll over the slightly older boy. "Ah, Hoonie…!"

"Let's get up, I want to eat breakfast," Sunghoon said, propping himself up with his elbows. "You look so pretty when you're sleeping."

"Sunghoon, I love you so much, but please close your mouth."

Sunghoon complained with incoherent noises, shaking Jake's shoulder to get his attention. "Ah, that's mean! Jakey~! Jake hyung."

Jake smiled a bit. "Hyung? You'd never call me that."

"That's because you're not my hyung." Sunghoon smiled fondly, putting his cheek to Jake's affectionately. Jake lied still, a smile forming on his lips. "You're just so beautiful. I love you as you're like this. And I finally get to say this, as your boyfriend."

Jake sat up from the bed, stretching his arms above his head. "You have to pride yourself once in a while, don't you…?"

"I guess I do." Sunghoon stood up, stretching his arms as well. His hair was still a mess, but he felt a little less embarrassed seeing thst Jake's hair was just as messy. "I'm going to freshen up in the bathroom. I'll meet you downstairs."

"I want to brush my teeth," Jake muttered, standing up from the bed quickly. "And I need to pee."

"What?"

"Nothing, just let me use the bathroom."

Sunghoon laughed as Jake trudged to the bathroom, shaking his head. He walked over to Jake's desk, where his phone rested. He unlocked it, not noting the few notification previews on his screen. He opened KakaoTalk and pressed his lips together, seeing a message from his sister.

Yeji
> we'll see you in 2 days, oppa :)

Sunghoon felt his stomach turn slightly. His sister wasn't as big a problem as his parents. At some point, Sunghoon actually thought she was one of warmth, but Yeji was quite blunt with everyone. She was five years younger than him, but she had quite a good understanding of the world already. However, despite her good understanding of her surroundings, she was still a kid. Her views were forever expanding, and her opinions of things were still changing.

But she was still his sister, so he cared greatly about her. He put his phone down after locking it and walked out the room. He widened his eyes, watching as Mr Sim walked down the stairs, a stepladder on his shoulder. He made eye contact with Sunghoon, and the younger male awkwardly bowed, as he was still confused.

"Changing the outdoor lightbulbs," was all Mr Sim said. "You know how to change lightbulbs, son?"

Sunghoon shook his head, stepping towards him but still keeping some distance between them. "Nope. Never learnt how."

"Right, you've been alone the past few years," Mr Sim hummed. He suddenly smiled, nodding his head in the direction of the front door downstairs. "Wanna help, then? I'll be the dad you didn't have."

Sunghoon wad quiet for a bit before nodding enthusiastically. "S-sure! I need to get a jacket, though, so I'll meet you outside."

Mr Sim smiled and nodded, walking down the stairs with the stepladder. Sunghoon quickly jogged to the guest bedroom, getting a jacket and a beanie. He was somehow excited. His father never taught him small necessities to life — similar to the current situation, he didn't know how to change a lightbulb. He didn't know the steos to properly painting indoors, he didn't know how to clean his dryer, he didn't know how to chop wood for the fire — he was on his own most of the time. Mr Sim suddenly popping up and offering him a lesson on how to change a lightbulb made him happy.

"Oh — Sunghoon, sweetie, good morning," Mrs Sim greeted, earning a respectful bow from Sunghoon. "Be careful out there, okay? It's quite chilly."

"I'll be fine, Sim eomma," Sunghoon smiled as he put his shoes on. He was excited for the experience. "I love your hair, by the way."

"Yours isn't too bad either," Mrs Sim laughed, pushing her messy hair into a ponytail quickly. It seemed that everyone had a morning hair problem in the Sim household. Sunghoon eventually finished and got outside the house. The biting cold immediately attacked his skin, but it was okay.

He was used to it.

"Okay, Handyman Sunghoon."

Sunghoon laughed slightly, kneeling on the bed before lying down on his stomach, putting his left arm and leg on Jake's body. "I only changed a lightbulb for the first time in my life. I'm not a handyman."

Jake was quiet for a bit. "Mom, Hyuna noons and Dad are going to the nearest hospital today. They're going to ask about surgery that considers gender alteration. Hyuna noona still isn't too happy with the thing between her legs, so they're going to see what they can do about it. I don't think Jay hyungnim knows that Hyuna noona is trans, but I'm guessing he'll find out soon."

"Jaeyoon, can you do my hair, please?" Hyuna knocked on the door, stepping in immediately. Sunghoon looked up and Hyuna laughed a bit. "Am I interrupting something?"

"No, we're just bored," Jake replied, sitting up fron the bed. "What hairstyle do you want today, noona?"

"Just a ponytail today will be fine, but I want some of my fringe out," Hyuns replied, sitting down on the chair beside the window. Sunghoon had to admit — Hyuna was very pretty as a girl. She must've been handsome as a guy too. Jay was extremely lucky to have someone so beautiful — just like Sunghoon was lucky to have Jake.