negetien ;

"Uncle Hyeokjoo's farm is not too far from here, so the walk will be nice."

The wind had picked up slightly as time passed, and by the time it was 11am, it reached the same speed as the day before. Hyuna was glad she had asked Jake to plait her hair, but her bangs were still all over the place. She and Sunoo walked closely together, since the other couples used one another to keep warm.

"Don't you just hate couples, Sunoo-ssi?" Hyuna asked, staring at the two couples in front of them with mock annoyance. "I'm 20 years old and I'm still single. Aren't I sad?"

"I'm 17 and I haven't dated before," Sunoo shrugged. "It's not sad. It's good that you abstained from dating. How would your soulmate feel if he knew you dated other guys?"

Hyuna smiled slightly. "I actually like girls more than guys, but I'm open to date a guy. I hope ny soulmate is a girl. Girls are just so pretty."

"I like handsome boys — like Sunghoon hyung," Sunoo said, looking forward at the pair of soulmates before them. "I'd prefer him to be older than me, but I'm okay with that."

"We'll get there someday, Sunoo," Hyuna sighed with a smile. "How is it there at the farm, anyways? Is there usually a lot of people?"

"It's actually quite peaceful," Sunoo replied. "I love going to see the horses. Uncle Hyeokjoo lets me see the baby chicks and I love them so much. His son would probably show us the horses."

"Who's his son?"

"Jongseong hyung is really nice — you'll really like him!"

"Oh — kid Sunoo!"

Sunoo bowed politely to the old man standing by the front gate, seemingly holding it open for someone. "Uncle! It's been a while!"

"I see you brought some new friends," the old man greeted, smiling at the approaching individuals. The remaining five bowed politely. "Hello, everyone, I'm Park Hyeokjoo, owner of this farmland."

"We just moved into the neighbourhood," Mrs Sim smiled brightly. "I'm Sim Jaein, and this is my husband Sim Changmin. This is my daughter and son Jake and Hyuna. This is Jake's soulmate, Park Sunghoon."

"Ah, I know the kid Sunghoon," Uncle Hyeokjoo hummed. "Are you looking to visit the farm? I just put the chickens out, while Jongseong and Riki will be back with the horses in a moment. I'm just holding the gate open for them."

"Uncle, I can take them further in, if that's okay," Sunoo offered with a wide smile. The old man gave a weary sigh, but was quickly swayed when Sunoo pleadingly put his hands together.

"Fine," he smiled. "Don't disturb the pigs, I just fed them."

Sunoo bowed before turning to the others. "Let's go in, everyone."

"Go ahead, sweetie," Mr Sim said, walking to stand beside the old man. Mrs Sim nodded, walking inside with the youngers. Jake bowed to the old man one last time before following Sunghoon and Sunoo. He hooked his arm with Sunghoon's, while Sunoo and Hyuna buddied up again.

"How long you been living here?" Mr Sim asked, turning to the old man.

"Forty seven years," the man replied. "This place is quite secluded from the rest of the world. Difficult to find people to buy stock, since the area is pretty much unknown. So I opened shop, and when Riki moved in, he helped Jongseong open one of those Instagram accounts to advertise the shop, and we became known over some time. Of course, winter time allows little visitors, but we're still happy with the casual company."

"The countryside is beautiful this side, I'm surprised no one knows this area," Mr Sim hummed, looking around. He saw two boys walk up the pathway, two steeds by their side. "Are those your boys?"

"Yes, they're my boys," Uncle Hyeokjoo smiled. "That tall one is the youngest, surprisingly. My daughter adopted him, but she left us too soon, so I've been taking care of him since he was seven. Born Japanese, and he's still rusty with the Korean language. The other is my grandson — Jongseong is biological."

"They've been on this side of the world their whole lives?"

"There's a private institute they've been attending for the past couple years since moving here, but Riki recently said he feels no need to go to school. He wasn't happy, and I let him drop out. He's never been happier, and Jongseong teaches him whatever he needs to know."

The two boys eventually reached the gate and Mr Sim helped helped him push the gate further. The two boys, both with lightly coloured hair, bowed politely to Mr Sim. The middle-aged man met eyes with the slightly shorter male and Mr Sim raised his eyebrow.

"Oh my God," the boy muttered. Uncle Hyeokjoo frowned, and Mr Sim smiled. "Sorry, this just feels a little weird, wow. T-there's warmth—"

"What?" the younger, Riki, asked in confusion.

Mr Sim smirked slightly, looking at Uncle Hyeokjoo. "Something tells me that young Jongseong is going to meet his soulmate today."

"Oh my God, they're so cute…!"

Jake's eyes were on the tiny chicks chirping and squeaking by his feet, a wide gasp escaping his lips. He smiled, squatting down to touch the baby chicks. Sunghoon smiled ever so lovingly, watching Jake enjoy himself with the small animals. He enjoyed seeing Jake happy — it was a fresh, new feeling and he grew attached to the sight quite quickly.

"Jongseong hyung should be back soon with the horses," Sunoo said, walking out the seperated room from the chicken coop. "I really want you to meet him, he's really nice. He has a younger brother too, but I never met him because he was always at school."

"I'd like to see the horses," Hyuna muttered, earning a sound of agreement from her mother.  She leaned down to touch one of the baby chicks. She smiled, managing to pick one up and hold it in her hands carefully. It chirped frightfully, but she stroked its head to sooth it. "Oh, they're adorable…!"

"I always come here first," Sunoo said, turning to the older girl, "because the chicks here are allowed out of incubation and can survive colder temperatures. The ones in the incubators are still indoors, and they're much cuter."

"Oh, Sunoo, here you are!"

Hyuna turned put the chick down and turned around, releasing a sound of suprise when she bumped into someone. The person grabbed her waist quickly to prevent her from falling. Hyuna grabbed his jacket quickly to regain more posture. Hyuna looked up, her eyes widening and her cheeks brightening immediately.

"O-oh—"

Hyuna fell silent, staring into the male's eyes. The entire room fell silent, especially Jake and Mrs Sim. Hyuna was quiet, her hands shaking slightly as she slowly let go of his jacket. The boy smiled slightly and she looked away quickly, her cheeks burning red.

"Do you feel it?" he asked softly. Hyuna suddenly smiled, nodding immediately. She looked at Mrs Sim and her mother nodded, just as wide a smile decorating her expression.

"I do feel it," Hyuna said, her voice suddenly breathy. She cleared her throat quickly and the boy bowed.

"U-uh, I'm Park Jongseong," he said quickly, "b-but you can just call me J-Jay."

Hyuna bowed as well, smiling as she greeted him. "I'm Sim Hyuna."

Jake looked at Sunghoon and grinned brightly. Just days before, Hyuna complained about never meeting her soulmate. Yet here she was, standing right before him. It made him genuinely happy to see Hyuna finally meet the person she would end up with forever, and he truly hoped she would be happy with him. He hoped she stayed happy, and was able to give her soulmate the warmth he needed.

[ I'm so sorry, this chapter was a mess :( but it's a bit longer :D ]