drie en twintig ;

Jake trudged downstairs after some few minutes after his parents and sister leaving. Sunghoon was on the couch, watching something on YouTube on the TV. Jake was completing a drawing on his desk, but he missed Sunghoon so he went downstairs to spend some time with him.

"Sunghoonie," Jake called out, causing Sunghoon's shoulders to tense slightly. He looked at the staircase and his heart immediately stopped. Jake looked far too adorable to be real. Jake seemed barely awake, possibly just naturally growing tired. The problem was, he woke up 3 hours ago and he already wanted to sleep again. His sleepy pout was too cute and Sunghoon smiled brightly.

"What's wrong, my baby?" Sunghoon sang as Jake sat down beside him. "What's up?"

"What are you watching, Hoon?" Jake asked, looking at the TV. On the screen was some sort of animation Jake was completely unfamiliar with.

"Someone reviewing an anime I'm currently watching," Sunghoon replied. "Wonder Egg Priority. It's a good anime, you should watch it."

Jake hummed, raising an eyebrow. "Maybe. I don't watch anime often." He put his head on Sunghoon's shoulder and their hands unconsciously searched for each other until their fingers intertwined.

"You should take a nap, prince," Sunghoon said, gently lifting a hand through Jake's hair. "You look so sleepy right now."

"Do you think Jongseong hyung will react badly if he finds out noona is transgender?"

Sunghoon didn't expect the sudden change of the topic to be so serious, but he and Jake hardly had serious conversations. Mostly because Sunghoon didn't want to disappoint Jake with what type of person he really was. "I mean, if they're meant to be, he'd love her regardless, right?"

"Yeah," Jake hummed, "but I've seen even soulmates fall out of love because of the ideals and beliefs. We don't know if he's transphobic."

"He looks like a good person, though. I don't know him too well, since I didn't go to the farm as often as Sunoo, but what I saw from him, he's a good guy," Sunghoon hummed. "He's really handsome too. I'm not surprised Hyuna noona fell in love almost immediately. He's a good older brother to that Riki kid too."

"We didn't get to see him, what does he look like?" Jake asked. "He doesn't seem to have a Korean name either."

"His full name is Nishimura Riki, and he's from Japan. Weren't you listening to Uncle yesterday?"

"Nope, I was too busy staring at you," Jake giggled, snuggling into Sunghoon's side. "But Mom and Dad pulled him aside. I guess they discussed it with him, or hinted at it. But that Riki kid… considering how often Sunoo has been to the farm, it's strange that they've never met."

"He's really mysterious," Sunghoon hummed, pausing his video on the TV to be more immersed in tbe conversation. "I've never… seen him, now that I think about it. Jay hyung spoke about him, but I've never met him before. It's all kinda conspicuous, and there's nothing we can really do about it, but maybe one day, we can see him."

"I'm actually curious about him," Jake hummed. "He's one of ice, as Uncle Hyeokjoo explained, so he must need some warmth. I wonder when he'd meet his soulmate."

"Sunoo is also kind of upset about not meeting his soulmate yet," Sunghoon hummed, shifting slightly so that their bodies fit together more comfortably. "I wonder when he'll meet his. He doesn't seem to have any feeling for them either, so it could be a while. Just like with noona, she kept talking about meeting her soulmate, and she met him in the same week. That feeling sets in a couple days beforehand."

"If that's the case, Sunoo might be meeting his soulmate soon," Jake told him. "Sunoo's been feeling that longing, that desire, to be with his soulmate. He's getting lonely. I feel like his desire for love will be settled soon."

"Then you can finally stop being jealous whenever Sunoo and I make eye contact."

"Look, you're of ice and he's warm — I have every reason to be jealous."

Sunghoon laughed shallowly, lesning forward to kiss Jake's forehead. "But I'm your ice prince — fret not, my love."

Jake smiled, a soft giggle escaping his lips. "Wah, why do I feel embarrassed when you talk like that?"

"Because I love you."

Jake couldn't help but feel butterflies when Sunghoon said those three words. His stomach did backflips and he actually felt slightly nauseous because Sunghoon was far too sweet. Jake had yet to get used to Sunghoon's shameless sweet-talk, because he knew Sunghoon's gentle words of love would not end any time soon. He noticed that the ex ice skater was a real smooth talker, and was rather persistent with his flirting.

Jake loved and hated it at the same time.

"I'm actually kinda hungry, should we order food or should we cook something?" Sunghoon asked, gently letting go of Jake's hand.

"Bibimmyeon," Jake replied, standing up alongside his boyfriend. Boyfriend. He still felt giddy thinking about it. "We can make bibimmyeon with kimchi. I'll get radish and cabbage kimchi, and you'll make the bibimmyeon."

"Okay, no problem." Sunghoon grabbed his hand again, and they walked to the kitchen together. Just seeing Jake look so comfortable in his sweatpants and large T-shirt gave Sunghoon the indescribable urge to be domestic. He wanted to kiss Jake's nose, hold his hand and place soft kisses on his fingertips, cuddle him while watching movies, and give him many soft hugs and kisses.

Sunghoon may be of ice, but Jake made him soft, and he absolutely loved it.

Jake got two cups of bibimmyeon out the snack cupboard, and Sunghoon began working on it immediately. Jake walked to the fridge to take out the kimchi. He never really cooked, but he was good at preparing instant food. He hoped Sunghoon was just as good, because Hyuna overcooked their ramyeon often and it was annoying to eat too-soft noodles.

"I wonder if it'll be like this when we inevitably live together one day," Sunghoon hummed. His heart suddenly stopped — he suddenly remembered his meeting with his family in the next two days. He was nervous to let Jake meet them. Both his parents were of ice — they were soulmates, and an extremely rare phenomenon. However, it was just twice the ice, and they were quite strict.

And Jake spoke the words he feared.

"I'm excited to meet your parents, Hoon."