twee ;

The cold stopped as soon as Sunghoon closed the door behind him. Jake sighed softly as the air around them became warmer. However, the general atmosphere was colder than what he was used to. Sunghoon took his shoes off, turning around and unbuttoning his shirt.

"A-ah, wait!" Jake yelped, quickly turning around and covering his eyes. "S-sorry. I want to respect your privacy."

"You're already in my home — that doesn't matter anymore," Sunghoon chuckled, taking off his shirt and dropping it on the wooden floor. "I'm going to take a shower — make yourself at home. You're the only other one here."

Jake simply nodded and Sunghoon walked further to do his business. Jake eventually turned around, taking his shoes and coat off. He hung up his coat and stepped onto the cold wooden ground. The air was much different to what he was used to, and the further rhe walked, the more he discovered how sharp the atmosphere was.

Jake heard the shower turn on upstairs, and he relaxed slightly. The house was very dim and dark, like a house from the Victorian era. Old vintage memorabilia were scattered all over the place, including old vases, paintings and old furniture. He felt like he was walking through the set of an old vampire movie — it felt somewhat nostalgic, despite him never being in this type of house.

There was barely any technology to be found. The home was just dim. Nothing special. It felt slightly strange, but Jake enjoyed the old Victorian feel. He wondered how Sunghoon lived that way — such a lackluster life. Then again, he was the boy of ice — not much seemed to interest him initially.

Jake found himself in the living room, his eyes drifting over the family photos and portraits decorating the walls and shelves. He walked to the mantelpiece above the fireplace, glancing over the photos. Everyone seemed so expressionless and dull — the complete opposite of Jake's family. Everyone seemed to be of ice. He found a picture of a young boy, identifying him as Sunghoon immediately. Jake smiled — he looked so cute when he was younger.

He found some medals and trophies, squinting his eyes to read the awards. They were all awarded to Sunghoon for ice skating and competitive figure skating — most for first one second place. He was impressed that Sunghoon was so talented.

"Wow…"

Jake tried to get comfortable to make the cold atmosphere feel warmer, and it seemed to work. He felt a bit more adequate with his surroundings and he sat down on one of the couches to express his comfort. He sat in mere silence for a few minutes, only the ticking of the old clock accompanying him. He took his phone out to check the time, seeing that it was barely past four.

"The place feels cozier already."

Sunghoon walked down the stairs, the wood breaking beneath his feet with age. Jake felt the need to stand up, but he sat still. Sunghoon wore a simple navy blue T-shirt with grey sweatpants, his feet still bare as he ran a towel over his hair to dry it.

"You're an ice skater," Jake smiled, watching as Sunghoon came closer to join him on the couch.

"Was." Sunghoon sat down, his smile not as prominent as before. In fact, it had disappeared completely. "I got into a horrible accident last year. Permanently injured my ankle. I can never skate competitively again. I still skate, but I don't compete."

Jake was quiet before smiling softly. "I bet you were the greatest, huh? I saw your medals. I'm honestly envious of your achievements."

"Jake, can I hug you?"

Jake stopped, his eyes widened in slight shock. His cheeks burned slightly as Sunghoon looked away in embarrassment. Their air became awkward and each individual blamed themself for it. Jake didn't know how to respond with words, so he just stood up and opened his arms wide. Sunghoon was surprised, but he stood up as well.

"Hug me for as long as you want," Jake muttered, his cheeks burning red. It felt awkward to say, and his hands were shaking slightly, but Sunghoon seemed to take the invitation wholeheartedly.

He grabbed Jake by the waist, tugging him forward into a hug. It was slightly awkward, but Jake warmed into the hug eventually, resting his arms around Sunghoon's neck. Sunghoon's hair tickled his neck slightly, but it was bearable. He was taller, Jake noticed — but he fit perfectly with Jake. His arms hugged Jake's waist generously, dealing more warmth than he expected.

"You won't believe," Sunghoon muttered softly, "how long I've waited for this. This warmth is something I have never felt…"

Jake smiled softly. "It's okay. I'll give you the warmth you need."

Sunghoon smiled, tightening his grip around Jake's waist slightly. Their hug was warm, gentle and soft — and Jake didn't really want to let go. Sunghoon, however, eventually let go and looked Jake in the eye. His hands rested on his waist and Jake let go of his grip on his neck.

"Your warmth is amazing — you really are my counterpart," Sunghoon muttered, a soft smile on his lips. Jake was blushing — they hardly knew one another, yet they stood so closely already. He wanted to comment on it, but he was drawn to the taller male. He couldn't look away or let go. Something about Sunghoon pulled him in.

It was their string of fate — they were destined to meet.

They were destined to find warmth with one another.

They were destined to love.

"I'll be glad to be your counterpart," Jake smiled as well, making Sunghoon smile brightly. The ice prince hugged Jake again, this time with more comfort. It was new to Jake, and he slowly grew more comfortable with the idea of hugging a complete stranger.

"I'm really happy right now," Sunghoon smiled softly, a content sigh escaping his lips. "Hugging you is so amazing, for some reason. It could just be the heat, or because I'm excited to hug someone like this."

Jake smiled as well. "I'm glad to be your counterpart as well."

[ omg I got impatient, I had to publish it ;—; ]