drie en dertig ;

Jake still felt rather insecure and worried as the late night hours slowly arrived. It was almost ten at night, and Sunghoon had just hopped out the shower. Jake was on his phone, scrolling as he read an e-book. While literature wasn't quite his forte, he still enjoyed fine arts to some extent. Sunghoon entered his room, closing the door behind him and sitting on the bed.

"Are you okay, my love?" Sunghoon asked, pushing a hand through Jake's messy locks of brunette hair. "You seem stressed."

"It's your birthday in a few hours, and I don't have a set plan for what we're doing tomorrow," Jake muttered. It was an excuse of his deeper thoughts, but thinking of Sunghoon's birthday celebrations was better than dwelling on the recent past. "I know we're going to the city, but I'm completely unaware of what is happening there."

"Then let's just go where I want to for the day," Sunghoon smiled, lying down beside his boyfriend. "I'm still getting a model plane, right?"

"Yeah, I ordered it already, although it might arrive a little late," Jake nodded. "Hyuna noona also needs new designs for her shop, so I need to get cracking before my doctor's appointment."

"Right, you're an artist," Sunghoon hummed, running his hand through Jake's hair. "Your hair is really soft tonight. I like it."

Jake smiled, locking his phone and dropping it on the bed. "Is it? I thought it was really tangled, though…"

Sunghoon simply smiled, resting his hand on Jake's cheek. "Even from this unflattering angle, you're still the most beautiful person I've ever seen."

"That's just a nice way of saying I look bad!" Jake laughed as he sat up. Sunghoon looked up at him with a pout and Jake giggled apologetically. Sunghoon felt those same old butterflies flutter around in his stomach causing him to smile fondly at the Australian boy. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Because I'm in love." Sunghoon sat up and grabbed his hands, and Jake knew immediately that he was going to be dramatic. "I can't believe that I have the privilege of gazing upon such beauty. Oh, what a magnificent sight to behold! The sweet warm prince that I can call mine."

Jake decided to play along, putting a hand to his chest. "Oh, how a fair ice prince such as yourself has fallen for me, I do not know, but alas, we have fallen in love."

"Our love shall be bountiful and beautiful, like the spring's harvest of the finest fruits."

Jake giggled, breaking character at that moment. "What are you saying, oh my gosh…"

"Shush, I'm expressing my love in verse." Jake couldn't hold back his laughter as Sunghoon cleared his throat dramatically to prepare himself. "The sweetest spring flower's name shall be yours, my love, for you are the most beautiful bloom of the season. Your hand taken by mine is held with warmth, yet balanced with cold. The tingles of your gentle touch, the sound of your breath, the beating of your heart — they belong to I, Park Sunghoon, soulmate of Sim Jake." Jake was still slightly laughing as Sunghoon finished talking and shook his head. "Ah, why are you laughing?! I poured my heart out to you and you're laughing!"

"I can't take you seriously when you speak like you're reciting Shakespearean verse," Jake finally burst out, covering his mouth with his hands out of habit. "But your words are beautiful, my ice prince. I shall take them to heart."

Sunghoon eventually laughed as well, lowering his body to the bed again. He wanted to kiss Jake, but when the brunette lied down, the moment was lost, and he rather used that time to stare lovingly into Jake's eyes. For those few days before meeting Sunghoon's parents, they were both gravely worried. It had been a while since they could lovingly joke with one another. They were finally at ease.

Albeit not for long.

"I'd love for you to stay with me forever," Sunghoon muttered. "For years and years to come. Promise me, Jake, that we'll always be together."

"Of course," Jake whispered with a faint nod. "I'll never let you go, Sunghoon. The idea of a future of forever seems much more plausible, now that your parents are on our side."

"You're going to survive, okay? You're going to get better, stay healthy and live, okay? We're going to be okay — as long as we have one another."

Jake smiled, putting a hand on Sunghoon's cheek and gently stroking his skin with his thumb. "I promise."

And their hearts pleaded ever so softly and gently for a loving embrace, yet they couldn't make a move. Mainly, because they were too lazy to sit up from the bed. But the tugging at Sunghoon's heart refused to relax, so he sat up and urged Jake to do so as well. Their movements were shy, as if they were about to have their first kiss — even if it had happened long ago.

"Every time I see you, you manage to look even more beautiful," Sunghoon muttered. Jake's cheeks reddened significantly at that and Sunghoon smiled, leaning forward gently and slowly. Their lips were placed together gently and sweetly, the kiss remaining soft and shy. Sunghoon wanted more, but was unsure of Jake's stance. Sunghoon gently pulled away, but Jake drew him closer immediately by putting a hand on the back of his neck.

Sunghoon was caught by surprise, but complied to Jake's desire for a deeper embrace of their lips. Sunghoon felt Jake lower himself onto the bed until Sunghoon loomed above him, using his hands to support himself. Their kiss grew deeper, warmer and more passionate with each passing second, until the two reached a limit to their explicit love.

But that didn't stop Sunghoon.

He removed his lips from Jake's, moving lower until his lips were against his collarbone, and began making small marks that would barely last until the morning. Jake's soft gasps and whispers were more than enough for the both of them, as they wouldn't go further than that for a long time. Sunghoon sighed after making enough hickeys to satisfy his desire, but Jake wanted more. Sunghoon trailed along the limit for a bit, because that's as far as he could safely get.

That is, if Jake didn't give him something special for his birthday.

[ this was probably my favourite chapter lol. Thanks for the birthday wishes — I'm finally 18 and legal in my country :'D ]

[ — ERICVERSE ]